Assistant Project Manager
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 04-20-2017
The Sponsored Project Program Coordinator provides extensive support for Chicago Teacher Education Pipeline partnerships with Chicago Public Schools and community organizations in Chicago. In addition, this person will work with ISU student teachers, will assist with STEP-UP, and will help with other Pipeline programs and initiatives as needed.
This position is located in Chicago.
This is a non-continuous, grant-funded position. Initial appointment is through the conclusion of the grant year which ends September 30, 2017. Subsequent appointment renewals will be based upon available grant funding.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Two years of full time professional experience managing projects in a related field.
3. Ability to travel to various public schools and other locations throughout Chicago.
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Bachelor's degree in Education, MA preferred.
2. Previous experience in a liaison role.
3. Familiarity with Illinois State University's teacher education programs.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.