3/4 Time Instructor, Early Childhood Education
The College of Education as the oldest college at Rowan University has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community engagement, and innovation in scholarship. The College of Education was fully accredited with the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and initial certification programs are approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The Department of lnterdisciplinary and Inclusive Education operates within the College of Education, which offers undergraduate and graduate programs in early childhood education, elementary education, and special education. Additionally, the College of Education houses and supports the Early Childhood Demonstration Center, which serves preschool-age children and provides field and clinical experiences for early childhood candidates.
The College of Education is searching for a highly qualified and experienced early childhood/elementary education professional to lead the undergraduate early childhood education program provide curriculum coaching for the Early Childhood Demonstration Center, teach undergraduate and graduate courses, and provide service such as program development, reporting, and accreditation.
The successful candidate will have a teaching philosophy guided by a commitment to diversity, social justice, inclusion, multiculturalism, sociocultural theory and constructivism. Expertise in a teaching area such as assessment, integrated project work, interdisciplinary instruction, social emotional development , and intellectual growth are preferred.
This is a part-time position.
- Master's Degree or Doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in early childhood education or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for early childhood education (P-3)
- A minimum of 3 years of public or private successful teaching at the early childhood level (Birth to 3rd Grade) in diverse settings, with teaching at preschool or kindergarten level preferred
- Familiarity with the accreditation standards of the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Experience with multiple forms of assessment of young children, and the evaluation of practitioners and early childhood environments such as ECERS-R, CLASS PreK and K-3
- Experience with constructivist and child-centered practices in teaching young children such as Reggio Emilia approach, Anti-Bias Curriculum, the Project Approach, and Bank Street Model
- Experience in teaching advanced subject matter methods courses in early childhood education including math and science, as well as social studies, literacy and arts.
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal , and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, social justice and equity in early childhood education; and culturally responsive and differentiated instruction Interest in the intersection of race, cultu re, language and disability and multidisciplinary work is encouraged.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration , collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multiple early childhood systems and stakeholders, P-12 schools and underrepresented groups of children.
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
Starting Date: September 1, 2017
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system.
Submit letter of application with a statement of teaching interests, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. Applications must include each of these documents at the time of submission. Deadline for application submission is May 12, 2017.
Direct any questions to: Dr. Zeynep Isik-Ercan, Chair of Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.