Senior Software Engineer
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
• 5 + years' experience in full life cycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences including management and cross functional groups.
• Ability to lead small to mid-size technical teams including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple assignments at the same time. Must be self-directed and provides up to date information on progress and issues.
• Ability to conduct in-depth research and work through complex problems successfully and reach workable solutions.
• Knowledge of large complex systems within the functional area.
• Ability to work in ambiguous situations; take a high level assignment and work the detail to produce a successful solution.
• Ability to effectively mentor and train less experienced personnel.
• Ability to deliver quality software deliverables.
• Interfaces with internal customers; interprets requirements and provides recommendations on how to implement.
• Independently performs analysis to develop and implement high-level designs for assigned projects.
• Executes full-lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
• Develops moderate-to advanced modules and system components and develops simple to moderately complex re-usable code.
• Acts as point of escalation to resolve new/complex issues and provides input about team members' performance
• Mentors and coaches team members.
• Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of knowledge.
• Diagnoses complex system problems using dumps, traces or other diagnostic tools.
• Leads in design, code and test reviews where needed.
• Leads a mid-size or larger teams of technical staff to complete assigned projects balancing quality and schedule.
• Identifies and recommends opportunities for continuous improvements and efficiencies.
Technical Skills Needed:
• 2-5+ years' experience with PERL / LAMP Application Development (Perl)
• 1-3+ years' experience with Relation Database Systems (MySQL, Sybase)
• 1-3+ years' experience with Unix / Linux Operating System
• 1-2+ years' experience with Apache Web Servers
• Experience with XML, XSLT, Ajax, HTML5, Web Services, Cross-Browser Compatibility and Version Control systems (SVN)
• Experience with page templating systems, session data storage, caching, and inter-process communication.
• Experience developing large-scale web applications
• Understanding of professional software development processes. Including familiarity with the cycles of requirements definition, issue tracking, version control, automated testing, deployment and maintenance.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Experience with ASP.net and SQL Server is preferred
• Candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated problem solver who works well in a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated problem solver who works well in a team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also necessary.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions (www.lexisnexis.com/risk) is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across all industries and government predict, assess and manage risk. Combining cutting-edge technology, unique data and advanced scoring analytics, we provide products and services that address evolving client needs in the risk sector while upholding the highest standards of security and privacy. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of RELX Group plc, a leading publisher and information provider that serves customers in more than 100 countries with more than 29,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tue, 18 Apr 2017 07:07:37 PDT