Director of Executive Education
Position Title: Director of Executive Education
Reports to: Academic Director
Group/Department: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. UGHE launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD). Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered both to ease suffering at the bedside and to drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system. UGHE is committed to an exceptional educational experience rooted in dynamic and engaging courses prioritizing a high degree of faculty mentorship and experience-based learning.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. For three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Director of Executive Education will work to establish and to support the strategic and operational priorities of UGHE’s Executive Education program. The Director will undertake a variety of activities as UGHE launches and executes Executive Education programs, which include short-course certificate programs in health care delivery, program management, and leadership. S/he will work collaboratively with the entire UGHE team – in the US and in Rwanda – to bring this exciting program to life.
- Work closely with faculty and staff to develop and to deliver a portfolio of non-degree Executive Education programs and to facilitate collaboration pre-, post-, and during programs;
- Identify, develop, and manage relationships with clients seeking to build the capacity of leaders within their organization through Executive Education;
- Oversee program design and implementation in partnership with a team of individuals focused on the financial, operational, and administrative aspects, with keen attention to and the responsibility for success in both content delivery and program logistics;
- Guide the development of admissions criteria and processes;
- Develop proposals and budgets and contribute to communication materials to market the program to prospective organizations;
- Recruit faculty and other teaching-related staff and support the courses’ content development process;
- Develop and execute monitoring and evaluation processes to track programmatic data and to apply lessons learned to future programs;
- Play an active role in building community among Executive Education participants during programs and sustaining alumni relations;
- Contribute to the mentor-mentee matching process for those programs that include a post-residential mentorship period and oversee program follow up around mentorship;
- Act as an administrative and logistical liaison for staff, faculty, and participants during program execution;
- Serve as a key strategist for expanding the current portfolio of residential training programs and planning for expansion into online Executive Education modalities.
- At least 3-5 years of management experience in a director-level position required, ideally within an international educational environment;
- Master’s or advanced degree in public/global health, education, business, administration, or a related field;
- Demonstrated experience in business development, complex sales, and strategic partnerships development required;
- Demonstrated experience in management consulting or professional services industries;
- Knowledge of the Executive Education market/industry on a global scale required;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and the ability to adapt communications to a range of audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and to collaborate with professionals at all levels in diverse settings;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, reliable, responsive, and resourceful;
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of organizations, including NGOs, governmental bodies and ministries, and global universities;
- Willingness to travel in-country frequently;
- Commitment to adhere to the UGHE Code of Conduct and Honor Code;
- Commitment to social justice and health care equity.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.