Help Desk Support Technician
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The role of the Help Desk Support Technician is to assist customers who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of IT applications, products or services. Complex and/or high priority problems are elevated to specialized support groups for resolution when needed, but the Helpdesk Technician is responsible to ensure that an effective solution is provided to the user.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other Information Technology staff members, teams, and their services to the client community.
- Record required customer and problem information in the Connectwise Ticketing System. Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities, and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
- Resolves Level 1 work orders. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
- Works on Help Desk related projects as assigned by supervisor.
- 3 - 5 years experience in the technology industry
- Experience working with teams
- Excellent communication skills with ability and comfort in working directly with clients
- Excellent and timely documentation skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technology related issues when contacted by clients by providing both on-site and remote support
- License and own vehicle. Willingness to travel within the Phoenix Metro Area
- Experience with Windows 7/8/10 and Windows Server 2008/2012
- Good communicator with excellent phone manner
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Thirst for knowledge and learning
- Ability to setup system and network architecture
- Hardware - mainly server technology
- Understanding of WAN technologies and associated routing and security
- Understanding of VPN technologies
- Troubleshooting skills
The following certifications and training are not required for this opportunity but would be desired
- VMware certification
- Microsoft Certification
- Cisco certification
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
The position requires experience in hardware, software, and technology troubleshooting, or equivalent training and/or education are necessary. Customer service training and/or experience are beneficial.
COMPSENSATION and BENEFITS
- Salary is dependent on experience and certifications
- Medical coverage (company covers 75%)
- Dental coverage (Company covers 75%)
- Simple Plan (company matching)
- Two weeks paid vacation per year
Nothing But NET is a managed IT services and Cloud provider servicing small to medium sized businesses in the Southwest United States as well as New Jersey. Our approach to technology services is unique in that we provide pro-active solutions and services in order to increase our clients productivity and efficiency while decreasing their down-time and IT costs. Nothing But NET has been in business since 2001.
We provide our managed IT solutions and services to businesses of different sizes, across all industries. Nothing But NET is headquartered in one of the Southwest premier technology hubs. We have three Arizona locations (Tempe, Phoenix and Scottsdale) and one New Jersey location, in Edison. Our locations operate within Tier III Security-Class data centers, ensuring we have the bandwidth and secure operating environments necessary for our infrastructure to deliver and support such solutions and services.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
We are a service driven company.
We provide a comprehensive set of technical services and solutions for businesses.
We have a culture of caring for our customers as they are our number one priority.
We are dedicated to exceptional customer service, and promote best practices in all that we do.
We contribute to the overall well-being and economic growth of the communities we serve.
We recognize the unique value of each employee and strive to provide an environment that fosters accomplishment, creativity, mutual respect and opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 13:36:24 PDT