6314 Systems Analyst/Programmer (Analyst/Programmer, Career level), Database Management - Univers
San Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on May 3, 2017. To receive full consideration, apply by May 2, 2017. The position will remain open until filled. The online application should be completed in detail. Completion of the online application is required for consideration; a resume alone will not suffice.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
This is a full-time (1.0 time-base), benefits eligible, temporary position anticipated to end on or before six months and one day from initial appointment, with the possibility of reappointment and/or permanency. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and is not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Database Management, the Systems Analyst supports the goals of the division by providing computer program analysis and development; writing end-user reports and interfaces; working with other programmers within the division; performing database administration; and interacting with other CSU sites. In an environment that is driven by data and information, this position is critical to the success of the universities fundraising efforts.
For more information regarding University Relations and Development, please click here.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $5,917 per month. CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,372 - $9,683 per month. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
To enter this classification, a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in applications programming and systems analysis and related programming support functions is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or business, or equivalent training and applied experience. Foundation knowledge and skills for the Analyst/Programmer, depending on the position assignment, may include working knowledge of a specific industry standard applications programming language and knowledge of standard systems analysis techniques.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Experience using PL/SQL development tools
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Systems, or equivalent training and experience in database management or programming.
- Knowledge of fundraising and donor relationship management or experience working in a university environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate information to both technical and non-technical audiences, ability to translate user requests from administrative personnel into automated processes; skill in writing computer documentation and organizing metadata clearly and concisely for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with Ellucian Advance Web, Smart Call or other ERP, CRM, or database software.
- Proficiency writing SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures and packages in Oracle environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, to work with a project team, and to set priorities. Adaptability to change and the ability to initiate or identify change when necessary.
- Adheres to internal code of ethics and confidentiality with regards to information maintained by Database Management.
- Ability to travel to attend off-campus functions.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.