Customer Account Manager
outsourceIT has an immediate opening for a Customer Account Manager. We are looking for a person who has a customer centric personality, is intelligent, works well under pressure and stress, strong communication skills, and enjoys helping customers. If you have prior customer service or sales experience selling Business to Business (Services or Products), or you worked in the Hospitality Industry and assisted guests, or another field where you gained a great deal of customer service experience and fine-tuned your communication skills then we want to hear from you. Prior IT experience is great but is not required. We need a person who isn't afraid of a challenge and is eager to help customers and learn new things. Does this sound like you? If so, then we want to hear from you!
The Account Manager position is local and based in our La Plata MD office and allows you to LIVE WHERE YOU WORK. In this position you will have an opportunity to work with a team of highly skilled IT professionals and successful entrepreneurs who are eager to share their knowledge to other driven and motivated individuals. There is never a boring day at outsourceIT. We work with hundreds of customers throughout the DC, Baltimore, Southern Maryland and North Carolina region and each team member is continuously challenged and presented with the opportunity to learn new techniques, tools and technology on a daily basis.
Who is outsourceIT?
We are a leading outsourced IT provider for small and medium (SMB) sized businesses. Our full service product line is designed around the needs of SMB's; Managed IT Services, Cloud Based Application and Hardware Services, and IT Consulting Services. As a customer centric business we focus on delivering products and services with a high degree of customer care. We strive to ensure every end-user experience is met with the same high degree of responsiveness and quality support.
Why work for outsourceIT?
At outsourceIT we are more than a technology company. We are a PEOPLE first technology company. Our team is our product and we are consistently focused on making our product the best product in the marketplace, whether technology people, sales people, account management people or administrative people, it doesn't matter the role, we work every day as a team towards continuously improving our PRODUCT. We achieve this by promoting a team oriented working environment, an always learning place of work both through on the job training and company provided training, and with great compensation packages! At outsourceIT you will never stop learning, you will have unlimited career growth potential and you will always have an opportunity to work with the next generation technologies! When applying please write La Plata Account Manager Opening in the subject line of your email.
This position is part of our Account Management team and works both independently and as part of a team. Collectively the team serves as the Customer Owner for assigned accounts. The position is responsible for customer/account ownership and works with the customers on a daily basis assisting with equipment quoting and ordering, assisting with projects, scheduling onsite or remote resources to assist the customer (as needed), communicates updates to the customer, works with Sales Engineers to present IT consulting quotes for project work outside of the day to day scope of services, and works with the Systems Administration team to present customer technology reviews (as needed). Occasionally this position may work with new prospects and present proposals for our suite of services and will always have access to a Pre-Sales Engineer to assist with any technical requirements.
• Ability to work independently with effective time management skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Effectively communicate and work well with peers
• Must have reliable transportation and capable of occasional commuting to client sites
• Must be able to work from the La Plata Office
• Driven and motivated to learn new tools and techniques
• Ability to meet critical deadlines and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Capable of managing and adapting to stressful situations
• Serve as an intermediary point for customers and service delivery, serving as the internal voice of the customer for better service delivery
Technical General Requirements
• Efficient using Windows and Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Comfortable learning new applications; e.g. Connectwise (Customer Relationship Manager) and others
• Capable of learning our quoting and ordering tool set; QuoteWerks
• Capable of learning how to spec out basic hardware and software needed for end-user desktops and laptops - Training Provided
• Maintain and keep customer records up to date in near real time
• Serve as project coordinator for customer assigned projects outside of the day-to-day IT support contract; such as network upgrades, server upgrades, application upgrades, computer upgrades, cloud migrations, and/or other projects related to the customers technology
• Provide customer feedback to management and service delivery, both positive and negative
• Windows OS 7, 8, and/or 10
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Efficient use with Smart Phone
Hardware and Network Skills (Recommended but Not Required)
• Basic Hardware Experience, A+ Certified and/or Network+
• Basic Networking Experience, WiFi setup, understanding of network switches, routers and firewalls
• Basic understanding of Spam Filtering and Anti-Virus protection
• Basic understanding of Cloud networking and On-Premise networks
• Basic understanding of Office 365 and Data Center Services
• Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree - Business Management, Information Systems
• Industry Certifications - Microsoft, MCSE, MCSA, MCP; CISCO, CCNA, CCNP; VMWare, Citrix
• Prior Managed Service Provider Experience or IT consulting Experience
Founded in 2004 by two visionary technologists, outsourceIT has since been ranked among the world
As a leader in the industry, we set the bar high for providing managed services, outsourced IT support, private and public cloud, and mobility solutions. Collectively, our team of IT professionals support thousands of end -users, spanning hundreds of organizations, ranging in size from small business to large corporate enterprise organizations. As one of the early adopters of both managed services and cloud-based technology, we have become one of the most knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced managed service providers in the market space today.
La Plata, MD
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:36:43 PDT