Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the Architecture & Design, Implementation, and Operations of the Lionbridge Corporate IT Infrastructure. Our centralized shared services model is the foundation supporting a complex mix of customer facing and corporate business services. The IT Infrastructure team has direct responsibility for the Datacenter Infrastructure, Global Networks, Enterprise Storage Solutions, Active Directory Services, Messaging, Unified Communications, and Systems Management.
Architecture & Design
• Stay current with industry technologies, evaluate existing systems and infrastructure, identify and advocate solutions for continuous improvement.
• Work with business stakeholders and software development teams to define infrastructure requirements and design solutions based on those requirements.
• Design solutions and processes to optimize operational efficiency, systems availability and performance.
Implementation & Operations
• Manage small to medium sized projects initiatives, define scope, create and execute implementation plans.
• Implement new infrastructure solutions and / or integrate business services into the existing solutions.
• Configure systems management tools for monitoring and capacity planning.
• Provide proactive and reactive or on call technical support, and trouble ticket resolution. Provide escalation level support to remote offices and the corporate helpdesk.
• Produce and maintain detailed functional and operational documentation.
• Maintain existing infrastructure solutions. Perform routine administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365 are core to this role. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment, and have well balanced systems design, implementation, and troubleshooting skills. A self-starter with the ability to rapidly learn and familiarize themselves with a complex environment is essential.
• 5+ Years progressive experience leading to a senior technical role
• Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and related services, DHCP, DNS, WSUS, KMS, DFS, GPO, and Certificate Services
• Hands on experience with the implementation, and administration of the following Microsoft technologies
o Active Directory - Required
o Exchange - Required
o Office 365 - Required
o Lync - Highly Desirable
o PowerShell Scripting - Highly Desirable
o Active Directory Federation Services - Preferred
o Hyper-V - Preferred
o Systems Center Suite - Preferred
o IIS, SQL Server - Preferred
• Functional understanding of networking; routing, switching, firewalls, load balancers, proxy services, protocols and secure communications using SSL/TLS
• Functional understanding of storage infrastructures
• Must possess excellent technical written and verbal communications skills
• Advanced troubleshooting skills and the ability to mentor junior technical staff
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience in related field
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: LIOX) is a leading provider of content development, globalization and testing services. Lionbridge combines global resources with proven program management methodologies to serve as an outsource partner throughout a client's product and content lifecycle -- from content development to globalization, testing and maintenance.
Our unique Crowd-in-the-Cloud delivery model ensures global brand consistency and local market impact for every project, from document translation for a single market to outsourcing global website operations. As digital, social, and mobile content needs continue to grow, we remain committed to helping clients succeed across geographies, platforms, and channels with our unmatched experience, ability to scale, and focus on continuous innovation.
Based in Waltham, Massachusetts, Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:LIOX), maintains solution centers in 28 countries. To learn more, visit http://www.lionbridge.com.
Lionbridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or protected veteran status.
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 12:43:35 PDT