Manufacturing Electrical and Mechanical Engineer
Packgen is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity and we are currently seeking a manufacturing electrical and mechanical engineer with experience in equipment design and be willing to assist in the construction of the equipment. Programming and building PLC a must and a mechanical background a plus. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers' unique challenges. Our custom engineering approach has allowed us to continue to innovate and evolve our product line, meeting and exceeding our customer needs.
As a manufacturing electrical engineer at Packgen you will be responsible for researching, planning and designing mechanical and electromechanical equipment and systems. This position also coordinates and participates in activities involved in the full process from fabrication to installation and repair of these equipment systems.
- Minimum BS in Electro-Mechanical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering OR Equivalent Experience
- At least 5 years hands-on work experience designing, planning, and fabricating equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Auto CAD experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Process development experience with ability to develop creative solutions to complex production problems
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with coworkers, vendors and customers
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Holiday, vacation and sick time pay
- Access to our growing fitness suite, on-site chair massage and yoga classes
At Packgen, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities for professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants that apply for this position will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Packgen is a progressive, leading global manufacturer of collapsible containers and packaging. All of our containers are designed and manufactured in our Auburn, ME facility. Packgen enjoys a world-wide reputation for innovative design, durable construction, logistical ingenuity, and economical options. Clients include environmental and chemical manufacturers, oil refineries and catalyst producers, pharmaceutical firms, food processors, and more.
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 07:57:08 PDT