The University of Wisconsin-Extension’s Division of Continuing Education, Outreach and E-Learning (CEOEL) seeks a tenure-track, assistant professor with a generalist orientation in business and management to serve in its Department of Professional and Continuing Studies. (Early tenure and promotion timeline negotiable depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experiences.) CEOEL seeks applicants to support the development and continuing growth of its competency-based, online UW Flexible Option Bachelor of Science adult degree completion program in Business Administration.
Candidates for this 12-month, full-time faculty appointment will be capable of developing curriculum and student competence in a variety of business-relevant functional areas. The successful candidate will also satisfy scholarly, professional engagement and service requirements of the University of Wisconsin-Extension. The preferred start date for this position is fall 2017. Earlier or later start dates may be negotiated depending on the candidate’s status.
The University of Wisconsin-Extension is an institution within the UW System that provides access to resources from all 13 four-year universities, 13 freshman-sophomore UW Colleges campuses and statewide UW-Extension allowing prospective learners the ability to learn, grow and succeed at all stages of life.
Continuing Education, Outreach and E-learning (CEOEL), a division of University of Wisconsin Extension, provides system-wide leadership, advocacy and support for lifelong learners and creates innovative ways for all learners to access and connect with the University of Wisconsin. As a national leader in providing innovative, engaging, and highly effective online programs and student services, CEOEL staff support fully online associate, bachelors, and master’s degree programs offered through the 26 campuses in the University of Wisconsin System. To learn more about CEOEL, visit http://ce.uwex.edu/. Offices of CEOEL and the Department of Professional Continuing Studies are housed in Madison, WI.
- provide expertise supportive of curriculum development and the curation of learning resources;
- develop project-based formative and summative assessments capable of demonstrating student mastery;
- guide/coach students on planning to achieve goals and/or on the development of specific competencies;
- proactively engage with students, monitoring and motivating student learning, and providing critical formative and summative feedback on student performance;
- support and lead as necessary program-level assessment;
- engage in research concordant with Ernest Boyer’s (1990) four forms of scholarly activity, disseminating results in peer-reviewed venues and sharing with relevant external stakeholders;
- engage in ongoing professional development;
- work collaboratively with other faculty, student support, and administrative teams to deliver competency-based programs; and
- actively engage in professional service (including governance) activities supportive of UW-Extension and CEOEL missions and the Department of Professional and Continuing Studies programming.
- Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution, with an emphasis in business and/or management (doctoral degrees in non-business disciplines will be considered with substantive work experience in business); ABD will be considered for a one-year terminal appointment as a Lecturer, with conversion to tenure-track Assistant Professor if all requirements for the Ph.D. have been successfully completed within the first year of appointment;
- ability to develop competencies and curriculum and provide critical feedback to students in several of the following areas: Organizational Behavior, Leadership, Strategic Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Sales, Economics, Accounting, Finance, and/or Global Business;
- experience teaching online in a higher education environment;
- evidence of quality teaching;
- evidence of capacity to develop and sustain a scholarly agenda;
- demonstrated commitment to student success; and
- demonstrated ability to work collegially with others.
- experience working in competency-based, post-secondary environment;
- ability to innovatively and adaptively use technology to achieve learning outcomes;
- experience working with non-traditional and adult students;
- experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and learning styles;
- demonstrated publication record in relevant business journals;
- administrative experience leading successful academic programs; and
- experience working in business and/or industry.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
All applications received on or before June 15, 2017 will receive full consideration; review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION WILL INCLUDE:
- Applicant cover letter discussing fit between abilities and experiences and the responsibilities of the position.
- Curriculum vitae.
- List of five references with titles, professional relationship, and contact information including phone and email.
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts; unofficial transcripts are acceptable during the application process, while official transcripts are required before an offer can be extended.