Restaurant Training Specialist
We are a fast-growing SaaS startup focused on building out a technology platform for restaurants located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our team is focused on supporting and designing a great user experience for our merchants, enabling them to provide outstanding customer service to their customers. We are looking for bright, smart, ambitious individuals who are passionate about food and want to work as a team.
The Restaurant Training Specialist will support CAKE's customers through the onboarding period and take responsibility for ensuring each customer has the skills and familiarity required to operate CAKE's systems successfully within his/her restaurant. The Restaurant Training Specialist works to engage, and train CAKE's new customers on products including Guest Manager, CAKE Connect, and POS, and others.
- Act as a product expert for our platforms, understanding all features and functionality of the product along with the roadmap for future functions
- Train customers using phone and web tools on new products and updates
- Adhere to strict Service Level Agreements on milestones throughout the implementation process
- Manage and respond to communication from customer and Customer Success Team in a timely, efficient manner
- Assist in training and coaching new and existing team members on customer service skills, CAKE products, internal systems, and other concepts as required
- Provide training curriculum feedback to the training developer and to other members of the Central Training team
- Assist in developing training curriculum as needed for new products, services for our LMS, webinars and instructor led training
- Provide feature and usability feedback to the sales, product, and development teams
- Other duties as assigned
The Restaurant Training Specialist will have demonstrated bias toward customer service but an operational understanding of CAKE's responsibility to its customers. S/He will also have experience in directly handling customers in a phone based environment and/or experience working as a technical/virtual trainer with web tools.
- 2+ years Front-of-House hospitality experience
- Demonstrated ability to train technical product to non-technical users in a virtual environment
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and deductive reasoning skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Strong collaboration skills within and out of the training team
- Ability to work independently and manage individual schedule
- Ability to be remotely managed and work with a national team
Bonus Points For...
The Restaurant Training Specialist would ideally have a background in hospitality (restaurants, hotels, or retail) in front-of-house operations.
- 2+ years FOH hospitality experience preferred
- Instructor led training experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Host Stand management systems, Point-of-Sale (POS) systems, or other hospitality/retail technology preferred
- Previous experience in virtual training or remote customer support preferred
- Familiarity with CRM software such as Salesforce, SugarCRM, Zoho, Act, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, etc.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products
- MAC experience preferred
- Previous employment experience in start-up company is a plus
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
CAKE is one of North America's leading technology startups. We are a fast-moving young technology company located in the heart of Silicon Valley. We have enjoyed sustained annual revenue growth since inception and investment by Sysco, one of America's most respected Fortune 500 companies. We offer a fun office environment with exclusive benefits such as a nutrition counter, beer on tap, competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits package.
At CAKE, we believe in innovation. CAKE's Restaurant Operating System uses the latest technology to help better run QSR and full service restaurants and allow them to connect with mobile customers. Each product and app is tailored to help boost sales, save money and increase control.
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 21:50:24 PDT