Student Services Assistant I/II
The Student Services Assistant – Communications is responsible for providing comprehensive assistance to students and the college community in all aspects of the enrollment process. This includes providing excellent customer service to students and staff at the counter, via telephone, postal mail, and using electronic methods. In addition, the Student Services Assistant – Communications prepares student petitions for review by the Committee on Academic Standards, maintains and updates the Records and Registration webpages and social media accounts, assists with promoting and logistics for registration events, maintains the electronic and paper inventory of Records and Registration forms, and is responsible for executing scheduled office communications.
Title: Student Services Assistant I/II
Posted Date: 04/19/2017
Job Category: Staff
Department: Records & Registration - HREC
Position Status: Full-Time Staff
Salary Range: $28,059-$38,230
- High school diploma or GED
- To be hired as an Assistant II-Three years experience working effectively in a high volume, fast-paced office environment with minimal supervision and with utmost attention to accuracy, details, and deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of web design, word processing, spreadsheets, and data entry in large relational databases.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills required. Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of student records and working knowledge and ability to interpret the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act regulations.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Experience with web content management systems and social media for professional purposes preferred.
- Experience using Ellucian Colleague student information system and Image Now document imaging system preferred.
- Experience interpreting and applying postsecondary academic regulations preferred.
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Mon-Thurs 10am-6pm; Fri 8:30am-4:30pm; January and August until 7pm; Occasional Saturday 9am-1pm
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae