General Description of Position:
The Agronomy Department at Kansas State University is looking for a Project Administrator to coordinate extension activities for a USDA-funded project, Resilience and Vulnerability of Beef Cattle Production in the Southern Great Plains Under Changing Climate, Land Use, and Markets and to serve as the editor of the departments weekly extension agronomy e-Update. This individual will work closely with faculty at Kansas State University, Oklahoma State University, University of Oklahoma, Tarleton State University, S. R. Nobel Foundation and USDA-ARS to facilitate the transfer of research information to a lay audience through multiple channels including social media, web, video, and Extension fact sheets.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in the fields Agriculture, Communication, Social Sciences or related field and one year of relevant experience.
- Ability to work effectively with project stakeholders such as agricultural producers, rural community leaders and state and federal agencies.
- Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
- Experience communication to a lay audience through social media and print material.
- Ability to write and edit materials for audiences of different technical backgrounds.
- Basic understanding of program administration/coordination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical scientific information for lay audiences.
- Occasional overnight and out of state travel will be required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Master's Degree in the fields of Agriculture, Communication, or Social Sciences.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals. Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Demonstrate strong research and analysis skills.
- Ability to assess problems and develop creative solutions. Familiarity with grant-writing, project development and project reporting.
- Experience in developing and delivering extension programs.
- Experience with or interest in climate adaptation, climate-oriented education, agricultural production, and/or rural community development.
Physical Activities and Environmental Conditions :
Speaking, walking/running, keyboarding, sitting, standing, carrying, driving and writing.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, applicants should upload: a letter of interest, resume and the contact information of three professional references.
Screening of Applications Begin:
Immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
Please note: the minimum salary for this position is $41,258. Actual salary will be determined based on the candidate's experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression. "
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Follow the link to find out more. "EEO is the Law" Poster.
Kansas State University actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to The Principles of Community which can be found at https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. Kansas State University complies with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.