DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
Randolph-Macon College, a liberal arts institution of 1,450 undergraduate students, located in Ashland, Virginia, seeks a talented, innovative, and experienced enrollment professional for the position of Director of Admissions. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director will become part of a seasoned and collaborative team responsible for all aspects of recruitment, admission, financial aid, and enrollment planning. Their efforts have helped grow enrollment more than 18% since 2010.
The Director of Admissions will lead the new student recruitment team in their pursuit of strategic goals outlined in the comprehensive enrollment plan. This will be primarily traditional first year and transfer student markets. The Director will direct and oversee the professional staff while at the same time assisting the vice president for enrollment management in the development of short-range and long term outreach and recruitment activities. The Director will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with on-campus partners, as well as key external constituents such as school counselors and community based organizations. The Director must demonstrate knowledge of innovative contemporary enrollment practices, including the use of cutting-edge technologies, marketing to young adults, and analyzing data and trends.
• A strong leader with a track record of collaboration with key stakeholders from all areas of the college
• Commitment to leading recruitment initiatives that result in a diverse student body
• Strong mentoring skills that promote staff professional growth and development
• Experience making data-informed decisions linking budgets and expenditures to measurable outcomes
• Experience with admissions customer relationship management tools
• Has utilized both standard and creative new strategies and tactics to achieve enrollment goals
• Demonstrated ability to maintain and enhance a strong working relationship between enrollment management and athletics
• Possess broad understanding of financial aid leveraging and its application to achieve desired enrollment and net tuition revenue goals
• Promotes and supports open dialogue and transparency in all aspects of their work
• Excellent communication skills with both the written and spoken word
• Approachable; accountable; a person of integrity and high moral character
• Ability to connect with and foster diverse and inclusive networks
• Experience with developing and maintaining a culture of hospitality and customer first in their dealings with students and families
• Ability to implement admission policy, processes, and outcomes that are consistent with established enrollment goals and College mission
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
• 5 – 7 years of progressively responsible experience in private college admissions
Located on 116 scenic acres, the College blends outstanding academic, residential, athletic, and recreational facilities with the charm of small town living. Within a short distance of campus, students, faculty, and staff can also enjoy the diversity of rural life or a fast-paced urban setting. Most students reside on campus and possess multiple housing choices thanks to recent fund raising success and new facilities. They may select from over 30 different majors and a wide choice of minors, concentrations, and pre-professional options. The college is selective in its admission and has both early action and regular decision plans. Student-athletes participate in 17 varsity sports at the NCAA Division III level. The Edge – a distinctive four-year career preparation program – is a distinguishing feature that assists Randolph-Macon students in a competitive job market. An extremely loyal alumni base, which ranks 15th nationally among all colleges and universities in alumni giving, also form a helpful career network for recent graduates.
Randolph-Macon College, an equal opportunity employer, believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to Randolph-Macon's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education.
RH Perry and Associates is assisting Randolph-Macon College with the search for the Director of Admissions. Interested candidates seeking additional information or having a confidential conversation about his opportunity may contact:
Thomas DaRin, Senior Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585 451-9385
Paul Doeg, President and COO at email@example.com or 406 220-2129
RH Perry and Associates
206 East Chestnut Street
Asheville, NC 28801
• To apply for the position candidates must submit the following documents in PDF format or Microsoft Word: a current curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the position responsibilities and qualifications, and contact information for three professional references to the Apply Now link below by May 12, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW