$17.40/HR Rural Carrier Associate
This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being
invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
RURAL CARR ASSOC/SRV REG RTE
These positions are located in offices or facilities for ZIP Code areas beginning with 571.
Positions could be at any of the following offices: Sioux Falls DT Delivery Unit, Southwest Carrier Annex.
TITLE: RURAL CARR ASSOC/SRV REG RTE
NON-SCHEDULED DAYS: VARIES
RCAs must be available to work on an as needed basis.
DRIVING REQUIRED: Applicants must have a valid state drivers license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of
documented driving experience.
SALARY RANGE: $17.40 per hour paid bi-weekly
BENEFIT INFORMATION: This is a non-career position, part-time in nature, which may lead to a career position depending
on organizational needs.
Persons Eligible to Apply
Veterans who are entitled to veterans preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for
any posted position.
Applicants must have a valid drivers license, a safe driving record, and at least two or more years of unsupervised
experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions or territories or
in U.S. military installations worldwide.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
2. Receives and signs for accountable mail.
3. Loads mail in vehicle.
4. Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts
for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers' roadside boxes.
5. Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post;
furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and provides requested forms to customer.
6. Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
7. Prepares mail for forwarding and maintains records of change of address information.
8. Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
9. Conducts special surveys when required.
10. Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
11. Provides for mail security at all times.
Rural Carrier Associates are non-career employees who provide customers along a rural route a variety of services including
delivering and collecting mail and selling stamps, supplies and money orders. Desirable candidates have a vehicle suitable
for use and live within easy commuting distance of the facility location.
The job is physically demanding. Work is performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Carriers may be required
to load and unload trays and containers of mail and parcels weighing as much as 70 pounds. Work is available usually on
Saturdays, then on an as needed basis to cover the absence of the carrier.~Register and Sign On:
In order to apply for jobs at USPS.com you must first register. After registering, you can log in with your username and password. You must have a valid email address to apply for any position. Communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations, interviews and background checks will be conveyed by email. It is very important that you are able to receive our messages. Please add the following email domain addresses to you contact list right away to allow correspondence, especially if you use SPAM blocking software, use a yahoo or gmail account, or use a work or military email address. Please add the following:
@usps.gov @psionline.com @geninfo.com
• Go to www.usps.com and scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on CAREERS.
• Click on "Start Your eCareer Profile" on the far right.
• Fill out each box. * indicates a required field.
• Your LOGIN ID must consist of at least 6 characters.
• **Your PASSWORD must contain at least 15 characters, one UPPER CASE, and one number (1,2,3 etc). The first three characters cannot be identical
• Complete each page of the application, to include your previous 7 years of work history. If you did not have a job, create an entry, "UNEMPLOYED"
• There can be no gaps in the 7 years.
• Follow the prompts and answer all the questions.
• You can always save your profile, and update with new information as needed.
• On the last page of the application, check the box that you states you authorize to "release your application" and click submit.
• If there are any errors in the application, you will receive notification at the top of the screen, and will not be allowed to proceed.
• Once you have created the profile, you are now able to apply for positions.
• You can search employment by going to www.usps.com, and scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on CAREERS.
• On the right side of the screen, click on "Search Our Latest Job Openings"
• Scroll down to the state desired, and click "Start".
• This will list all job available at this time. It is important to check the list often, as the jobs are constantly added.
• Click on a specific job, this will open the job description.
• Click "apply" to submit your application.
• Apply for all jobs of interest.
• If you have successfully submitted your application you will receive two emails.
• The first one will inform you that you have successfully created a profile and one thanking you for applying for a specific position.
• If you do not receive a responding email, contact your Postmaster.
• Make sure you watch your email. Communication is done through email and will require a prompt response.
The Postal Service is vital to the nation and its economy. Our vision, purpose, and direction are evident in performance and maintenance of affordable mail service to every American. We are the second largest employer in the United States today, delivering more than 200 billion pieces of mail per year connecting virtually every U.S. home and business. Because we are so integral to our nation and its economy, we seek the best leadership available to continue our excellence in operational performance. The Postal Service has a tradition of high performance in on-time delivery and customer satisfaction, cutting-edge automated equipment, and information technology. And we are always looking for creative ways to perform our mission in the face of a changing marketplace.
Sioux Falls, SD
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 15:20:39 PDT