Administrative Coordinator - Grants and Sponsored Programs
Queensborough Community College invites applications for the position of Administrative Coordinator in the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs.
One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.
Reporting to the Development Grants Director, the Administrative Coordinator will assist with federal and state funded grants projects, initiatives, and activities that impact academic departments across the College. Under the direction of the grant director, s/he will support projects, initiatives and activities of the grants office to implement pre and post award grant processes, provide assistance to faculty and staff with grant development and compliance, organize office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans and information distribution. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview the position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist and provide guidance to principal investigators/project directors (PI's) with pre-award grant functions and with obtaining internal approval for submittals.
- Under direction of assistant director, assist and guide project directors/principal investigators (PI's) with post-award grant administration functions including hiring, employment processing, purchasing, and travel arrangements using electronic systems.
- Review grant documentation to ensure compliance with policies and requirements.
- Assist with tracking and processing effort reporting activities for the college.
- Assist director in ensuring that grant records are maintained according to requirements.
- Interact daily with faculty and grant program staff to share grant deadlines, requirements, and internal QCC policies and procedures.
- Maintain filing system for grant files, as directed.
- Disseminate information to college community including announcements, policies and procedures, as requested.
- Maintain knowledge of grant management best practices by attending trainings on compliance and regulatory issues.
- Coordinate administrative and office management systems for the department/unit, as requested.
- Coordinate events for grants office, as requested.
- Supervise and delegate work to support staff, as directed.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience working in a higher education grants or sponsored programs office responsible for pre- and post-award activities.
- Detail oriented and accurate with strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Effective writing, editing, proofreading and presentation skills.
- Proactive, flexible, and customer focused with strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders in a multi-constituency environment.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills to coordinate work plans, prioritize work, manage multiple assignments and priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency using administrative or academic programs, systems or databases.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
May 18, 2017. Review of resumes to begin May 2, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queensborough CC
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Grants and Sponsored Programs
Job ID: 16647
Full/Part Time: Full-Time