Finance Manager - Athletics
Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President of Athletics, the Finance Manager will have managerial oversight of finances within the Athletics Department.
- Serve as primary financial administrator for the department of athletics and recreation
- Manage all day-to-day business operations including but not limited to, expense reports, procurement cards, purchase orders, requisitions for payment, payroll and journal vouchers
- Oversee department's procurement, bidding and Request for Proposal (RTP) processes
- Produce financial reports including capital projects, cell phones, copy/printing, ticket office audit and others as assigned
- With the approval of the Assistant Vice President for Athletics, monitor, forecast and remodel program and department budgets
- Strategize effective ways to generate innovative revenue and an annual surplus
- Act as a liaison between the Athletic Department and various college offices including the Financial Aid Office, Finance and Administration and Bursar
- Oversee payroll processes
- Adhere, communication and enforce Human Resources policies as per CUNY, HR and the College
- Serve on various department wide committees including Senior Staff
- Provide supervision and guidance to full-time and part-time staff within the Athletics Business Office and main general office
Often referred to as "the jewel of the CUNY system", Queens College sits on 80 acres of land and is a place of contrast: an urban school in a suburban setting. It is a place where a large and diverse student body receives personalized attention. This formula has made us one of New York's premier educational institutions.
With a mission to prepare students to become leading citizens of an increasingly global society, we offer a rigorous education in the liberal arts and sciences under the guidance of a faculty dedicated to both teaching and research. Our liberal arts, science and pre-professional programs earn us high rankings in prestigious college guides such as The Princeton Review America's Best Value colleges. Our students graduate with the ability to think critically, address complex problems, explore various cultures, use modern technologies and information resources, and have won prominence in nearly every field.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
Masters Degree and experience at NCAA institution, City agency or sports organization in the area of athletics finance or administration; knowledge of and experience applying NCAA policies and requirements; working knowledge of PeopleSoft, EProcurement or other related accounting systems; experience in bid processing and administrating contracts; and experience in forecasting, monitoring and restructuring budgets. Ability to handle sensitive issues and information with confidentiality and discretion.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the financial activities of a College or major program.
- Advises management regarding funding appropriateness and proposes fiscal solutions to resolve academic and/or administrative issues
- Develops and recommends policies and controls to assure the responsible use of resources
- Supports strategic planning processes; assesses outcomes and makes recommendations regarding resource allocations
- Prepares and manages production of statistical/analytical reports pertinent to financial and operational activities
- Assists in developing budgeting policies and procedures, and interprets University-wide policy
- Liaisons with auditors and other internal and external agencies as necessary
- May negotiate contracts
- May hire, supervise and train finance and/or clerical staff and manage related administrative functions
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number (15993)
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
Search re-opened: May 18th, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queens College
Job Title: Finance Manager - Athletics
Job ID: 15993
Full/Part Time: Full-Time