Institutional Services Assistant
INSTITUTIONAL SERVICES ASSISTANT
Working Title: Institutional Services Assistant
Type of Employment: Staff
Division: Finance and Administration
Proposed Salary Range: $17,681.00
Position Summary: The Institutional Services Assistant is responsible for general cleaning of areas in and around office buildings, class rooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, auditoriums, resident halls, dining areas, building common areas, and other areas as required. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Adhere to the vision and guiding principles of the Finance and Administration Division Perform custodial duties according to the prescribed procedures and training put forth by the Custodial Coordinator
- Empties waste baskets, dumps trash, and replaces trash bags
- Use cleaning supplies, equipment cleansers and other agents to clean floors, furniture, walls, windows, and windowsills
- Sweeps, mops, and buffs floors, vacuums and shampoos rugs, cleans baseboards, dusts furniture and fixtures, washes windows and blinds, and empties trash
- Strips and waxes floors, as needed
- Cleans bathroom fixtures and stocks bathroom with soap, toilet tissue, and paper towels
- Collects and launders dirty linens, towels and other soiled items
- Monitor maintenance and grounds needs and assure that proper reporting procedures are followed
- Reports work orders to operational personnel concerning minor and major maintenance repairs
- Conducts inventory of equipment, linens, supplies, and materials to maintain current demands and determine future needs
- Follow oral and/or written instructions while work independently without close supervision
- Maintain a flexible work schedule work overtime and weekends, if necessary
- Wear the assigned uniform as designated in the uniform policy
- Valid Arkansas Driver's License or the ability to obtain one. Other duties as assigned
General Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 5 a.m.-1 p.m.
Other: This position is considered Essential Personnel in Facilities Management and Candidate must possess a valid Drivers License.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques.
Knowledge of cleaning equipment operation and maintenance.
Ability to follow instructions and perform repetitive manual work.
Ability to use cleansers and other agents to clean floors and furniture.
Ability to use housekeeping cleaning supplies and equipment.
Ability to work independently without close supervision.
Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
Ability to perform multiple tasks and to prioritize assignments.
Ability to perform repetitive manual work.
Ability to do required lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.