Institutional Services Supervisor
INSTITUTIONAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Working Title: Institutional Services Supervisor
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Student Union Building Maintenance
Division: Finance and Administration
Proposed Salary Range: $17,102.00
Position Summary: The Institutional Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and monitoring custodial and minor maintenance activities in building facilities and supervising laundry room functions in an institutional setting. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Supervises a medium to large-sized custodial staff engaged in cleaning assigned areas.
- Trains employees in methods and procedures for cleaning and maintaining proper standards.
- Handles special cleaning assignments and emergency spills.
- Orders and maintains inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Performs routine inspections of buildings and work assigned to subordinate employees.
- Coordinates maintenance and repair needs with the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates and assists in room and audiovisual set-ups.
- Ensures building security by watching for vandalism and patron safety.
- Performs minor repairs on building equipment and furnishings as needed.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
General Days/Hours: Sunday-Thursday; 5 p.m.-2 a.m.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures. Knowledge of custodial and maintenance practices and techniques. Knowledge of materials and equipment used in custodial and maintenance work. Knowledge of the operation and maintenance requirements of commercial laundry equipment. Ability to maintain adequate supplies and inventory records. Ability to prepare written documents. Ability to conduct inspections to determine compliance with standards. Ability to supervise staff of subordinate supervisors, custodial workers and semi-skilled maintenance repairmen.
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus two years of vocational training and/or experience in housekeeping.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.