Business Development Manager - Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering (A1700236)
Business Development Manager
Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering
College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering (ABE), College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is searching to fill the position of Business Development Manager. This is a full-time, 12-month, academic professional position.
The ABE department at the University of Illinois includes 20 full-time faculty members involved in teaching, research and extension. It houses two academic programs, the Agricultural and Biological Engineering and the Technical Systems Management with undergraduate and graduate degrees offered in each. Faculty members have research activities in bioenvironmental engineering, biological engineering, food and bioprocess engineering, off-road equipment engineering, and soil and water resources engineering. Departmental extension programs include agricultural waste management, nutrient management planning, agricultural safety and health, soil and water resource engineering and chemical/pesticide application training. For more information see http://abe.illinois.edu/.
Required: The candidate must have a BS in Sciences, Engineering, Business/Economics or related discipline. The candidate must have at least two years of academic or industrial experience related to education or industry research initiatives. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and follow-up. Ability to deal with a diverse population including University faculty, administrators, and representatives of industrial partners. Familiarity with a university system, and experience in grant writing, report writing, and preparation of presentation materials.
Preferred: MS in Sciences, Engineering, Business/Economics or related discipline is preferred. Previous administrative and research experience in an engineering or science field, and a record of working with industry and government organizations is preferred.
- Foster and manage industry, government and other potential stakeholders to advance bioprocessing technology.
- Utilize networking capabilities to establish mutually beneficial bioprocessing research and education related relationships.
- Develop and grow a marketing/PR program to promote the IBRL and advance its research and education initiatives.
- Develop and advance relationships with faculty, industry and organizations to secure funding commitments in support of IBRL projects.
- Market IBRL research outcomes to industry in order to advance the adaptation and commercialization of bioprocessing advances to the business marketplace.
- Establish relationships with other research and education entities (universities, public/private organizations) by marketing to attract partners with an interest in promoting joint research and educational programs within IBRL.
- Establish, track and fulfill contractual agreements from funding agencies
- Identify grant/funding opportunities, engage with faculty and industry partners on all aspects of proposal requirements, submissions and follow-up, paying close attention to required industry cost-share.
- Provide stewardship with the sponsors of funded projects with IBRL to enhance established relationships by providing current, updated IBRL activities including staying abreast of upcoming and current activities in IBRL and informing the appropriate clients.
- Schedule/facilitate research progress via management of space, including the assignment of lab and office space.
- Coordinate and manage Professional Science Master's degree recruitment, internship/employment opportunities, and networking opportunities for Bioprocessing and Bioenergy students.
- Provide targeted academic advising to PSM Bioprocessing and Bioenergy students.
- Plan, budget for, produce and oversee distribution of a variety of communications vehicles including but not limited to: press release, brochures, online public information materials for a variety of audiences.
- Serve as primary liaison to other University marketing, news and communications units
- Maintain and manage the IBRL website including: Design and develop content, regularly update and enhance.
- Attend IBRL related events and present IBRL promotional material.
- Work with external and internal advisory board of IBRL.
Proposed Starting Date:
July 16, 2017, but no later than August 15, 2017.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To ensure full consideration, candidates should apply by June 14, 2017. Please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu/ and upload a letter of application/interest, curriculum vita and contact information for three (3) professional references (include name, title, address, phone, fax, email) in one document, by close of business on June 14, 2017. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be given full consideration.
For further information, contact Jamie Price via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The university conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: ABE-IBRL
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 04/19/2017
Close Date: 06/14/2017