Assistant Athletic Trainer - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700237)
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Assistant Athletic Trainer
12 month service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Support the Head Football Athletic Trainer, Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine and team physicians in providing medical coverage and support for the delivery of a health care system to student-athletes participating in the football program.
1. Provide prevention, care, rehabilitation and evaluation to student-athletes for all athletically related injuries and illnesses sustained during practices and athletic competition.
2. Provide medical coverage and care for men's athletics teams, coordinate pre-practice, practice, post practice, and athletic team competition needs, specifically men's football.
3. Supervise by provide daily instruction and specific work assignments relating to pre-practice, practice, post practice and athletic team competition needs to graduate assistant athletic trainers, athletic training interns and athletic training aids.
4. Coordinate and supervise medical services with the athletic training aid staff, team physicians and paramedic services for practices and home competition.
5. Maintain and document medical records, rehabilitation programs and reconditioning programs of student-athletes injuries and illnesses.
6. Collaborate with the Head Football Athletic Trainer to provide yearly physical examinations for incoming student-athletes.
7. Maintain appropriate Occupational and Safety, Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines for the DIA Sports Medicine Department.
8. Regular attendance of continuing educational programs and compliance of continuing educational requirements established by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification (NATA-BOC).
9. Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position.
Bachelor' degree required in field of Athletic Training
• Certification by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification
• Licensed by the state of Illinois, Department of Professional Regulations, or eligible to be licensed by same
• One to five (1-5) years of NCAA and/or NFL experience
• High moral and ethical standards
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible following completion of search.
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by May 3, 2017. Applications
not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of
application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three
references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Randy Ballard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews may take place prior to closing date, but no selection will be made until after closing date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 04/19/2017
Close Date: 05/03/2017