Desktop Support Technician
Department Name Desktop Support
Campus or Location Corporate College East
Vacancy Number 216-17
Reports To Director User Services
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Support Staff
Position Type Full-Time
Union Position Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Provide college wide technical support for all administrative and academic computing. Provide computer repair service and preventive maintenance and installation services. Identify problems with computer equipment and their solutions by using troubleshooting techniques.
• Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain inventory of replacement parts and supplies required to complete
• Provide service and support for all printer's college wide to minimize down time.
• Provide direction and support for all PC replacement projects and printer
replacements college wide.
• Create and distribute software images using Ghost Console.
• Maintain software patches.
• Manage/process surplus equipment.
• Assis network services with updates.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of four years related experience and/or training
• Basic grammar skills and Basic level skills in word processing (MS Word)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
• Associates Degree
• Background in electronics
• A+ Certification
• Two years of experience rebuilding HP Laser Jet Printers and experience on PC
• Basic knowledge of networking
Standard College hours of operation, Monday through Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Position may require extended onsite support at a given college facility.
Position requires a flexible work schedule that on occasion may include evenings and/or weekends.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary Minimum of $45,628 Annualized
Full-Time 1199 SEIU College Bargaining Unit (Union) employees will be given first consideration for this position.
Posting Open Date 04/19/2017
Posting Close Date 05/03/2017
Open Until Filled No
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency
- Other publication
- Other web site
- Career Fair
- * Do you have a High School Diploma, GED or higher?
- * Do you have a minimum of four years related experience and/or training?
Required Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae