Duties: The research coordinator is a full-time staff member within the Basser Center for BRCA and will be directly involved with start-up and day-to-day operations for a large, multi-site population-based implementation study. The research coordinator will work closely with a study Genetic Counselor to operationalize the protocol and create site-specific Standard Operating Procedures. Responsibilities include monitoring web-based recruitment, managing survey data collection, and assuring protocol-prescribed follow-up occurs. In addition, the RC will collaborate on other genetics-related studies. The individual must be organized and able to prioritize In addition, he/she will assist in other tasks related to the studies including collection of pertinent medical and pathology records, preparation of materials for study meetings, documentation of research activities and preparation of reports. He/she will interact directly with all members of the study team, but will primarily be supervised by the project manager.
Core responsibilities include:
* Creation of site-specific SOPs
* Monitor on-line recruitment
* Manage and schedule follow-up as specified per protocol.
* Complete, organize and maintain all study documentation as directed by the supervisor.
* Show vigilance in patient protection, protocol compliance, and data quality.
Qualifications: BA/BS in scientific or related field and 1 to 2 years professional experience in clinical research data management/clinical trial/clinical research experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, attention to detail, and comfort working independently. Comfort in a medical setting, handling confidential information, and patient contact in person and on the telephone is essential. Familiarity of genetics, basic medical terminology, and abstraction of clinical data is preferred.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Detail oriented
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
* Knowledge of IRB and human research protection regulations
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite required
Reference Number: 40-25568
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: CC-Cancer Center
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research