Registrar - INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Vacancy ID S2084 Job Title INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST Department Registrar School/Parent Organization Provost and Educational Affairs Parent Org Division Provost and Educational Affairs Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 05/30/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
Provide technical and analytical support to the Registrar's Office, with a particular emphasis on supporting the Information Systems Manager and Registrar with data integrity, reporting, best practices, process streamlining, training, and documentation as they relate to Banner Student, Degree Works, ECM and OBIEE. Manage functions within Banner Student, including web-based processes, control tables, start and end of term processes, and the transmission of data to the NSC. Program and scribe student degree audits within Degree Works and maintain Degree Works tables to ensure accuracy of the data. Responsible for staying current with best practices, system defects, RPEs, and software upgrades. Develop documentation and provide training to faculty and staff on Banner, web-based products and processes.
1. Provide technical support to the design and implementation of systems that enhance access to student information, streamline processes, and improve delivery of services to all Ithaca College stakeholders from the Office of the Registrar.
2. Develop ways to utilize Banner to the fullest potential to meet the changing technology-oriented needs of student records, registration, graduation and student service processes at for all education levels. Assist in identifying solutions using Banner for problems as they are encountered; be proactive in new development.
3. Develop systems and automated processes for checking data to ensure student data integrity. Report problems and identify retraining needs; develop documentation as appropriate.
4. Coordinate and produce specialty reports for the Registrar's Office and the Academic division in support of registration, graduation, and courses using SQL or OBIEE. Assist with the technology side of the web registration, grading, graduation and academic standing review processes, and the Banner tables in support of registration, billing and withdrawal policies.
5. Assist with the implementation of Banner upgrades, including data conversion, test plans and resulting data cleanup.
6. Program and scribe the Degree Works degree audit system in collaboration with academics. Program Banner CAPP for complex course prerequisites.
7. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
8. Manage the monthly transmission of data to NSC. Troubleshoot error messages and make corrections.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years' of direct experience within a Registrar's Office or institution of higher education, with knowledge of higher education principles, practices, regulations and procedures or extensive experience maintaining a complex relational database; experience working directly with or managing information systems; strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment required. Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; proven ability to learn and adapt to new technology and respond to existing and emergent information needs and related student services; detailed and procedure oriented, well-organized, highly principled, motivated and excellent systems-oriented and customer service skills; experience programming a degree audit system preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. Our strategic plan, IC 20/20, positions us to offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $48,000 -$55,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).