Senior Project Engineer
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop work plans, organize resources to meet project timelines and budgets, coordinate with regulatory or permit agencies, provide direction or perform technical designs for projects such as municipal utilities, storm water conveyance systems, pump stations, residential street improvements, pedestrian pathways, public recreation sites, stream bank stabilization, drain improvements, drainage studies, hydraulic & hydrologic analyses, large land development improvements, grading plans, etc.
- Must be able to coordinate and direct other engineers and members of design teams of up to 3 people.
- Provide consulting services for local municipalities, regional planning agencies, conservation districts, and other non-profit organizations.
- Quality control in all aspects of the design.
- Prepare submissions for permit applications for MDEQ, USACE, MDOT, and other state and local agencies - coordinate process through approvals, recommending solutions to technical or regulatory issues for permit compliance for both private and public projects
- Estimate hours, determine scope of work, assist with proposal preparation and contracts on medium to large projects.
- Maintain good employee relations.
- Implement latest technology.
- Must have excellent communication skills, strong judgment and initiative, and good documentation skills.
- Maintain strong positive working relationships with clients, including government agencies and bodies, occasionally representing the company at professional and technical societies and various business organizations.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
Experience: At least 10 years of practical experience in civil engineering.
Michigan Professional Engineer license required.
AutoCAD experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
Demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in technical planning, organizing, and guiding tasks for an engineering project.
Competitive wages offered with excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and 401k.
SDA is a drug-free workplace; all candidates will undergo a background check and must pass drug and alcohol screening.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is typically performed in an office environment, but field visits and client meetings are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Spalding DeDecker is an employee-owned civil engineering and surveying firm of approximately 80 employees with offices in Michigan and Texas. We are looking for an experienced professional engineer to perform and coordinate engineering work in the execution of improvements or site development-related projects. This highly motivated individual will achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design of a civil engineering design project.
Rochester Hills, MI
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:37:35 PDT