Mechanical Engineer Estimator
What's required of the ideal candidate:
• Plans mechanical drawings by reviewing sketches, descriptions, specifications, and supporting documents.
• Prepares mechanical drawings by rendering sectional, auxiliary, and multi-views, sub-assemblies, pictorials, dimensions, and developments; producing two- and three-dimensional orthographic projections using computer aided design (CAD); producing three-dimensional (3-D) models.
• Reviews Requests for Quotation requirements, specifications, drawings, and floor plans to determine scope of work and required contents of the quote.
• Visits project sites to understand the environment, constraints and take necessary measurements.
• Develops and receives quotes from vendors and subcontractors.
• Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions to ensure specified requirements are met and projected results are achieved.
• Coordinate with other departments obtaining accurate information on component costs, labor costs, availability, lead time and other items related to quotation.
• Creates the quote by preparing Bill of Materials and labor cost estimates.
• Provides detailed, accurate & complete quotations to customers.
• Select the optimal transportation option based on customer's requirements, and overall cost.
• Work with customers and sales to provide quotations for requested jobs in a timely manner.
• Recognize and resolve issues with the assistance of the customer, applications engineering, engineering and sales team; seek solutions for customer requirements that are beneficial to the customer and Company.
• Prepares supporting information by developing bills of materials and drawings.
• Maintain accurate paperwork and job files to facilitate smooth transition to other departments.
• Thoroughly document all research and calculations for RFQs.
• Handle customer inquiries in a competent and courteous manner; exercise cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Forward technical support issues to appropriate team.
• Promptly raise issues to management along with potential solutions.
• Create and maintain long term relationships with customers.
• Professionally collaborate as part of a team to achieve company goals while providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customers
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
• 5+ years dust collector design and dust collection process design meeting NFPA requirements
• 3+ years AutoCAD
• SolidWorks experience a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Welding Procedures a plus
• Knowledge of Sheet Metal and Structural Steel Fabrication
• Requirements Analysis
• Good communication skills with customers via phone/in person/email
• High attention to detail
• Functional and Technical Skills
• Thoroughness, Analyzing Information
• Made-2-Manage experience a plus
• Individual fluent in English. Spanish bilingual a plus.
Please provide resume with current contact information.
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS COMPANY DRUG SCREEN and PHYSICAL
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job posting.
DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
It is the mission of C&W Manufacturing and Sales Co. to serve our customers by providing them with the highest quality environmental equipment available at a value price.
Our primary priority is to develop and maintain long-term working relationships with each customer. This relationship will be based on providing superior products, communication, computer design engineering, workmanship, field installations, and continuing education of key personnel.
We will manufacture, sell, and install top quality products while striving to provide our customers with leading technology, custom-designed to meet their custom needs.
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 14:37:13 PDT