Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks Software Engineers for the Agora Studio. As a Software Engineer at Agora (a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), you will be working primarily on our online game services platform called "Hydra Studio", in addition to some other internal technologies. You will be responsible for creating complex data processing and presentation tools that integrate tightly with some of the largest franchises in the games industry. You will work as part of a highly talented team of producers, engineers, and business specialists to expand our systems and add value to WB Games' catalogue of products.
We are looking for candidates with the ability to quickly learn new platforms. We use many different technologies within Hydra, and while we don't expect you to know them all coming in, we need a candidate who can quickly learn and be proficient with them!
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Able to read and write software in Python or some other general purpose programming language
- Experience with databases (NoSQL experience is a plus, since we primarily use MongoDB, RedisDB, and ElasticSearch)
- Experience using and creating APIs
- Experience with automation/configuration management (we use SaltStack and AWS Cloud Formation)
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, startup-like environment
- Interest in working on-site at our office in Troy, NY
Perks and advantages
- Competitive salaries
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision programs for you and your dependents
- Company-matching 401(k) retirement program
- Free games, discounts, and other employee benefits offered by Warner Bros.
- An open and collaborative work space
- We value a good work-life balance
- The code and systems you work on will be in production and used by millions of gamers all around the world, within some of the most popular IP in the video game industry.
Technologies we use
- OS: Linux, Windows, OS X
- Databases: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, RedisDB
- Frameworks: Rails, Node.js
- Misc: SaltStack, Git, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Munin, Sensu, Sentry
Agora Games works with game developers to build online features and web-based communities for video games. Agora has worked with companies such as Activision, Bethesda Softworks, 2K Games, Bandai-Namco, Microsoft, Sony and Warner Bros. The studio was recently acquired by Warner Bros. and is now part of the WB Game family with studios located in North American and the UK.
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 08:41:33 PDT