Senior Mechanical Engineer-Machinery
Initech Global is a leader in the staffing industry, providing consulting, recruiting, and staffing solutions in the fields of information technology, engineering, and manufacturing. Since 2001, Initech Global has been helping companies around the world accomplish their most critical business objectives through our disciplined client service approach, and our unique talent management model. Both client and talent retention continue to surpass 90% since the company's inception fifteen years ago, and we've been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US for the last two years. Our clients and employees are the key to our success, and people are at the heart of everything we do. We are Initech Global, and we are Powered By Peop
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer-Direct Position-based in Grand Rapids, MI
Reports: Engineering Group Manager
Job Summary: Processing and supporting new machines, re-work machines, kits, or repair orders. Developing innovative mechanical design concepts resulting in a new or an improved product or system to meet the specific market demands. Execution of inventions, designs and solid modeling of new machines. Supervision of design and detail work may be required, which may include off-site contract sources. Research and analysis of data. Assisting sales and Application Engineers with proposals specifications, manuals and vendor information. Determine the feasibility of the design or applications to meet the customers' needs. Provide guidance to other Engineering staff in the design of machinery, including design concepts, design strategies, analysis, component selection, and application of specific knowledge. Research, plan and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems. Direct and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, operation, installation, and repair of mechanical and electromechanical products and systems. Acts as project manager/engineer for projects as needed.
Job Specifications: A four-year undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering. 10 or more years' experience related to special machines or test equipment. Masters in Mechanical Engineering and/or Professional Registration is a plus. Should be competent in use of Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel and have experience with AutoCAD. Experience with Autodesk Inventor is preferred. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and leadership skills. Finite Element Analysis capability is desirable. Traveling is needed, including international.
Primary skills and responsibilities: (Others may be assigned)
- Originate and prepare proposals concepts, models, drawings and technical support documentation.
- Execute machine design calculations and analysis including finite element analysis as needed.
- Design all structural components including weldments and machined components.
- Create design strategies to ensure improvements in performance, cost of manufacturing, ease of assembly, marketability, ergonomics, aesthetics, vibration control, and maintenance.
- Create 3D CAD models; Pneumatic, Hydraulic and Lubrication diagrams; and nested, modular Bills Of Materials.
- Create Assembly and Sub-Assembly drawings and release to production.
- Review machine manuals for technical content and coordinate with technical writers.
- Machine testing, de-bugging, trouble-shooting, diagnosis and analysis including error tracking and Open issues resolution.
- Evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Coordinate activities using enterprise resource planning and manufacturing resource planning tools. (ERP & MRP)
- Clarify performance criteria, scope of work, and specifications through interaction with customer, sales and Application Engineering.
- Provide manufacturing requirements, work instructions, control plans, and other required data to Manufacturing.
- Hands on manufacturing support, directing and coordinating fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and intent and customer specifications. Direct Machine Build Team in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and develop methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
- FEA a plus.
- Travel as needed (10%).
"Candidates who are authorized to work in the United States are welcome to apply".
Our customer is a mid-side company of approximately 300 employees. They are a leader in their industry and design and manufacture their products at this location. Turnover is very low and their are many long term employees because of culture management.
"Candidates who are authorized to work in United States are welcome to apply".
Grand Rapids, MI
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 05:36:53 PDT