Tradeshow Computer & A/V Technician
Audio Visual and PC Technician for Tradeshows
BrightPipe is looking for a qualified A/V technician to help us deploy and support events for our clients. This job will let you work with some of the latest technology in the industry and travel to a wide variety of places. If you have a strong technical problems solving background and are also a 'people person' who can interface with clients and represent our company well then this job is for you. No two days are the same here - there are always new projects and new events to work on. If you like working in a small, fast paced environment then consider applying for our position.
PC Repair & Maintenance
- PC repair and maintenance with good problem solving / debugging skills
- A/V equipment repair and maintenance
- Upgrades/Updates/Maintains all equipment as necessary for optimum performance
- Primary maintenance of all software license keys and subscriptions
- Works with warehouse manager to maintain equipment inventory list
- Assist with maintaining Master Database (Access) by entering show ID's and Surveys
Client Support at Remote Venue
- Travel to venue (drive or fly)
- Coordinate installation of equipment with 3rd party vendors and client
- Support equipment during actual show hours
- Strike and pack equipment after event is concluded
- Expeditiously return cleaned/scrubbed data back to home office for processing
- Ensure that all equipment needed is in working order
In-house Event Planning & Packing
- Works with warehouse staff to test and pack necessary equipment using check lists
- Certify software / hardware configurations prior to final pack and ship
- Responsible for maintaining client content archive
- Responsible for loading any new PC's with standardized images (for deployment or internal use)
- Assist with maintaining server rooms / wiring / neatness of cables
- Assist with new product research
- Identify needs
- Acquire Eval or Demo units
- Research suppliers keeping in mind cost, return ability and availability
- Test/Evaluate and Report on Suitability
- Return if necessary
- Assist with new concept development
- Must be organized and thorough with attention to even the smallest detail
- Must be confident and able to ask questions when unsure of assignments to clearly understand the requirements and deliverables
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Must be flexible with work schedule understanding the travel nature of the position. There will be times when last minute schedule changes are needed, you must be able to adapt and not be adverse to change.
- Must be a good communicator with a firm grasp of the English language. You must be able to communicate clearly and accurately both when speaking and in writing, over the phone and in person.
- Must have basic typing skills, a minimum of 40wpm with hands on home row keys
- Must be able to multi-task, working on several projects at one time and also have the ability to prioritize and pipeline work assignments so that all tasks are completed successfully
- Must be a team player, helping the company meet overall goals while continuing to accomplish individual's goals on time and accurately.
- BrightPipe is a non-smoking office - smoking is not permitted within 100 feet of our premises.
This is a primary travel position. Travel up to 35% is required. Advance notice will be given in most cases but it should be understood that occasions will arise where little notice can be given. All travel related expenses will be paid for by BrightPipe. If you have personal situations at home that prevent you from traveling then this job is not well suited for you.
BrightPipe provides A/V and technology services to the tradeshow and event industry. We travel across the country to deploy a mix of proprietary and turn key technology solutions for our clients. No day is the same twice and you will have the opportunity to work with great clients, travel the country and work with leading edge technology. BrightPipe provides a full compliment of benefits including paid holidays and sick time, paid holidays, health insurance, dental, vision, life, matching 401K and health savings plan. We strongly believe in taking care of the people who take care of us. There is tremendous opportunity to lean new skills and be a key member of our growing team. If you have strong technical skills with good problem solving abilities and can work independently as well as part of a larger team we would like the opportunity to consider you joining our company.
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 08:50:11 PDT