General Accounting Clerk - Must speak Portuguese and English
General Functions include but would not be limited to:
- Perform a range of general clerical, and accounting functions in the following areas: (AP, AR, General Ledger Reconciliation, Journal Entries)
- Commercial, Residential, Builder projects requiring progress AIA Billing and contract management.
- Various accounting/administrative projects as assigned
- Filing, document handling and general administrative tasks
The Accounting Clerk will report to and provide general accounting and administrative support. The ideal candidate will have experience in a construction based accounting department. This person will be able to translate theoretical accounting concepts to day-to-day functions; be self-driven and goal-oriented; and have a high attention to detail without fear of asking questions. (We love communication!)
Other duties include:
- Generating and sending invoices with the collaboration of various departments.
- Updating, maintaining and reconciling accounting journals, cash flow reporting, ledgers, job costing and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, receipts, accounts payable).
- Data entry using QuickBooks, and Excel (advanced import/export functions or a serious interest in advanced database management is a plus).
- Reconciling records with internal company employees, management, or external vendors and customers.
- Investigating questionable data and recommending actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Job costing, cash flow reporting and inventory.
- 2-3 years of experience required.
- Portuguese and English speaking
- Associates Degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Understanding of Accounting Functions as pertaining to the General Ledger
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, and intermediate Excel experience is required.
- Highly Organized
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task under pressure in highly dynamic environment is a must.
- Experience with Apple Macintosh OSX is a plus!
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 16:26:12 PDT