Physical Therapist II
Physical Therapist II-1700899
At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Physical Therapist is a valuable member of our team, who provides clinical services to our patient population.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a TH Physical Therapist in the Center may include the following but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate competency in all aspects of planning and providing PT treatment programs including patient evaluation and therapeutic techniques. Advances clinical competency as appropriate. May provide care for: Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric patients.
- Demonstates competency in professional skills necessary to coordinate patient care with other members of the health care team, patient and family. Appropriately participates in patient's care plan.
- Demonstrates effective: organizational skills; time management skills; efficiency; productivity. Maintains accurate, clear and concise patient documentation. Completes all required statistical documentation accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates effective communication with patients (age appropriate), family, members of the health care team, supervisors, and peers. Provides effective patient and family education, with consideration to patient's age, learning needs, barriers to learning and learning preferences. Demonstrates respect for patient/family cultural and religious needs.
- Maintains a safe patient care environment. Demonstrates respect for patient privacy.
- Participates in departmental programs, committees, and quality improvement initiatives as assigned. Provides supervision to physical therapy students and volunteers. Assists with the orientation and training of new staff within the department (as assigned). Participates in departmental inservice program by providing and attending staff inservices.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Physical Therapy from an approved
and accredited institution. New York State Physical Therapy Licensure/Registration required.
Preferred: Two years' experience in acute care hospital setting.
Special Note: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Physical Therapist II
Job Field: Physical Therapy
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Physical Therapy-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Per Diem Variable 8AM-4PMPhysical Therapy-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Apr 19, 2017
Posting End Date: May 19, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL3