North American Roofing Services is one of the largest Commercial Roofing Contractors in the US with projects across the country and we are looking for a motivated individual to fill the position of Staff Accountant. In this role the individual will be responsible to ensure the accuracy of reporting related to fixed assets, equipment, balance sheet account reconciliations and administration of the travel management system. Additionally, this individual will support the monthly forecast process and facilitate timely reporting of information between field personnel, project management, senior management and accounting. Ideal candidate should possess a high attention to detail, have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and demonstrate the skills of an effective communicator.
- Record, monitor and report on fixed assets to include the timely recording of additions, transfers, disposal and depreciation in (FAS) fixed asset management system.
- Reconcile fixed asset accounts on monthly basis and maintain fixed asset roll forward reporting.
- Maintain company policies on capital appropriation funds approval.
- Correspond with field and office personnel regarding the use of Concur, a web based travel and expense management solution, including training and timeliness of expense report processing.
- Ensure accuracy of data within Concur and subsystems to properly integrate data into Sage 100 accounting software.
- Provide solutions for improved efficiency of Concur processing with Sage 100 accounting software.
- Provide meaningful travel and expense analysis from Concur / credit card activity to management.
- Reconcile and allocate monthly company fleet fuel transaction purchases.
- Reconcile credit card statements, miscellaneous receivables, prepaid expenses and other accounts as needed.
- Reconcile bank statements monthly.
- Review local and state tax returns as needed; serve as backup preparer as needed.
- Serve as backup to credit card administrator.
- Assist Controller as needed in month end close procedures.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as needed.
What would help you succeed in this role?
- Accounting degree with minimum 2 years of accounting experience in staff level position
- Proficient with Microsoft office products
- Prior experience with MAS (Sage Accounting software), Concur and the construction industry a plus
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team and customer focus
Top 10 Reasons to Join the North American Roofing Team:
- Competitive starting salary
- Employer sponsored healthcare options including medical, vision & dental
- Employer matched 401(k) Savings Plan
- Access to Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off for volunteering in your community
- Perks Program with deep discounts for your everyday needs, plus entertainment (movies, concerts, and more)!
- Career advancement training
- Wellness programs
- Progressive, people-centric culture
- Holiday & Paid Time Off
North American Roofing Services, an employee owned company, is licensed to operate in all 50 states and has installed over a billion square feet of roofing on more than 20,000 facilities in our 35 year history. We know commercial roofing! Come work for the best and we partner with you to develop your career.
North American Roofing Services is a third generation national company built on a foundation of integrity, hard work and committed team members. We are the 3rd largest commercial/industrial roofing contractor in the U.S., holding the prestigious Firestone President's Club Master Contractor (only one of thirty in the country), Carlisle Centurion, GAF Master Select (top 1% of contractors nationwide) and Johns Manville Summit award status for volume and quality.
We continue the tradition of installing value-engineered roofing systems and servicing these systems in all 50 states across the country, growing our list of satisfied customers in various industries and maintaining a healthy, engaging, safe working environment for our team.
North American Roofing is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a drug-free workplace.
Visit us at naroofing.com.
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 07:00:16 PDT