PARKING ACCESS REVENUE CONTROL SYSTEMS (PARCS) IT ANALYST
JOB NO.: 90258-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: FP&M/TRANS SERV/INFO TECH
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Transportation Services
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90258-AS
Working Title: Parking Access Revenue Control Systems (PARCS) IT Analyst
Official Title: SR INFORM PROC CONSLT(S44BN) or INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN)
Hiring Department: A718302-FACILITIES PLNG AND MGMT/TRANS SERV/INFO TECH
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 22, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A Bachelor's degree in information technology/systems, computer sciences, business, or
related field is required. Consideration will be given to degree in another field plus
relevant information technology experience
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum 3-years of professional experience with SQL database programming
* Demonstrated experience using advanced Microsoft Excel functions (e.g. pivot tables, advanced formulas, custom macros, automation)
* Demonstrated experience performing application administration duties (e.g. account management, software upgrades, testing, documentation, training)
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complex IT issues to resolution
* Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service
* Demonstrated experience with database reporting tools (e.g. Crystal Reports)
* Demonstrated experience doing business analysis (e.g. gathering functional requirements, developing use cases, process mapping, testing)
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually
* Experience with parking management applications (e.g. T2, Skidata) or other business applications (e.g. ERP, CRM, Billing System)
* Familiarity and/or experience with Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance
The Transportation Services (TS), Information Technology (IT) group is a service organization focused on designing, supporting, and managing the critical IT systems that support a wide-variety of transportation solutions offered to campus. The TS IT group is responsible for several critical systems, applications, and tools including the Parking Access Revenue Control Systems (PARCS), which utilizes two vendors - T2 and Skidata, a help desk ticket management system, and other websites and applications supporting the transportation solutions.
The PARCS IT Analyst will be responsible for data management (how we gather data, how we store it, how we can integrate it, how the business uses it, how we can develop useful reports, etc.) within the department. Additionally, they will also engage stakeholders to gather requirements for process improvement efforts, new projects, software upgrades, etc. to ensure our IT systems are meeting their business needs. The PARCS IT Analyst will join a new IT team, alongside an IT Engineer, that supports the systems that ensure thousands of people can come and go from the University every single day. The team will do this by applying creative technology-driven solutions to complex problems, increasing efficiency, and focusing on delivering outstanding customer service.
This position functions under the general supervision of the IT Manager.
Transportation Services provides transportation solutions for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visitors at the University of Wisconsin-Madison including parking, carpooling, biking, bus programs, and other commuter solutions. Transportation Services manages over 13,000 parking stalls and all of the associated infrastructure. These solutions, and the IT systems that support them are critical to keeping the University running smoothly every single day.
Instructions to applicants:
To be considered, applications must be submitted online. Applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 19 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 17 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time