JOB NO.: 90351-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Categories: Grant, Research, Contract Management, Research, Scientific, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90351-AS
Working Title: Research Director
Official Title: ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST(E10FN) or ASSISTANT SCIENTIST(E10LN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
FTE: 25% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $50,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Ph.D required in education, sociology, psychology or related field
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Knowledge of basic research and/or program evaluation methods. Experience conducting evaluation and research using either qualitative or quantitative research methodologies, and highly developed skills in research, data collection, data analysis, and reporting.
2. Experience for a minimum of 2 years in a medical, research, or educational setting desired including at least two (2) years' experience working with large set of data from educational interventions focused on optimizing the research training enterprise (research mentoring, mentorship programs, etc).
3. Knowledge and skills in data management, entry and cleaning techniques utilizing statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, STATA and Microsoft Access.
3. Experience overseeing a team conducting evaluation and research of national level intiatives aimed at improving the higher education research enterprise and a record of scholarly prsentations/publications in this area.
4. Evidence of strong organizational, analytical, and professional writing skills.
5. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments.
6. Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to develop diagnostic reports, strategic plans, and white papers.
8. Ability to oversee IRB prototcols and processes.
9. Proficiency in, but not limited to, MS Office Suite, survey assessment tools (e.g., Qualtrics), statistical software, qualtiative data software.
The CIMER Research Director will oversee the Center's evaluation and research efforts. Principal duties of the Research Director will include coordinating the collection, implementation, analysis, and maintenance of data for evaluation and research purposes as well as advancing the Center's research mission and evaluation services.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and a CV. Applicants will also need to provide contact informaiton for 3 professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 19 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 17 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time