SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
JOB NO.: 90321-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: L&S/SOCIAL WORK/SOC WORK
Categories: Communications, Editing, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Information Systems/Technology, Office & Administrative Support, Public Safety, Law Enforcement/Compliance, Web Design/Development, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90321-AS
Working Title: Systems Support Specialist
Official Title: SR INFORM PROC CONSLT(S44BN) or INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN) or ASSOC INF PROC CONSLT(S44FN)
Hiring Department: A488200-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/SOCIAL WORK/SOC WORK
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Advertised Salary: Minimum $43,470 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization: A Bachelor's degree is required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience: * 1-3 years demonstrated experience in successfully managing learning platforms or
data/content management systems.
* Demonstrated experience providing technical support to diverse user groups.
* Demonstrated experience developing technical proficiency within diverse user groups.
* Strong functional and practical knowledge of the concepts and applications of a broad range of information technologies used to support higher education.
* Problem solving, analysis and quality assurance experience.
* Strong technical writing skills.
* Strong verbal presentation and group facilitation skills.
* Excellent active listening and engagement skills.
* Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
* Excellent organizational problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to adapt to and work with a shifting variety of priorities and assignments.
* Commitment to excellent customer service.
* Experience in public or private child welfare.
* Knowledge of statutes and standards governing child welfare services in Wisconsin and best practice literature.
* Experience developing, delivering, and/or supporting distance education.
* Familiarity with University academic structure and instructional and research support resources/processes.
Position Summary: This position serves as a support specialist within the Wisconsin Child Welfare Professional Development System. The WCWPDS collaboratively provides a comprehensive, statewide training system that supports the development of a competent workforce and well-prepared foster parents capable of positively impacting safety, permanence, and well-being outcomes for children and families in the state of Wisconsin. The position provides development of and support for the WCWPDS instructional and management application PDSOnline, which presently utilizes the Cornerstone learning management platform.
This is a full time, ongoing academic staff position working closely and collaboratively with several partners that make up the WCWPDS to support training, learning, and management of professional development opportunities. The position will report to the Director of the Wisconsin Child Welfare Professional Development System.
Additional Information: For more information about the Wisconsin Child Welfare Professional Development System, visit: http://wcwpds.wisc.edu/
Contact: Brent Nelson
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants: Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process.
An applicant may be hired into the Associate Information Processing Consultant, Information Processing Consultant or Senior Information Processing Consultant title dependent upon experience. Title will be determined upon hire.
For questions on the position contact Brent Nelson at email@example.com.
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references including your current supervisor. References will not be contacted without advanced notice.
Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to the minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience listed above.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 19 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 17 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time