PARKING ACCESS REVENUE CONTROL SYSTEMS (PARCS) IT ENGINEER
JOB NO.: 90407-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: FP&M/TRANS SERV/INFO TECH
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Transportation Services
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90407-AS
Working Title: Parking Access Revenue Control Systems (PARCS) IT Engineer
Official Title: SR IS SPECIALIST(S45BN) or IS SPECIALIST(S45DN)
Hiring Department: A718302-FACILITIES PLNG AND MGMT/TRANS SERV/INFO TECH
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Advertised Salary: Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization: A Bachelor's degree in information technology/systems, computer sciences, business, or
related field is preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience: Required Qualifications:
* Minimum 3-years of professional experience troubleshooting complex IT (hardware and software) issues to resolution
* Demonstrated experience developing web applications using one or more modern programming languages (including but not limited to .NET, C/C++, C#, Java, Ruby)
* Demonstrated experience performing application administration duties (e.g. account management, software upgrades, testing, documentation, training)
* Ability and willingness to support hardware and software located in parking gates located all around campus in all weather conditions as needed
* Demonstrated desire and ability to learn new things
* Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service
* Professional experience with SQL database programming
* Experience administering large, complex parking management applications (e.g. T2, Skidata) or other business applications (e.g. ERP, CRM, Billing System, etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually
* Professional experience administering servers and desktops in a higher education/government/public sector environment
* Familiarity and/or experience with Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance
Position Summary: The Transportation Services (TS), Information Technology (IT) group is a service organization focused on designing, supporting, and managing the critical IT systems that support a wide-variety of transportation solutions offered to campus. The TS IT group is responsible for several critical systems, applications, and tools including the Parking Access Revenue Control Systems (PARCS), which utilizes two vendors - T2 and Skidata, a help desk ticket management system, and other websites and applications supporting the transportation solutions.
The PARCS IT Engineer will be the technical lead for the critical IT systems the department uses and will manage the gate systems in parking ramps around campus that are utilized by thousands of faculty, staff, and students every day. The PARCS IT Engineer will join a new IT team, alongside an IT Analyst, that supports the systems that ensure thousands of people can come and go from the University every single day. The team will do this by applying creative technology-driven solutions to complex problems, increasing efficiency, and focusing on delivering outstanding customer service.
This position functions under the general supervision of the IT Manager. There may be special occasions where they Engineer would need to do work or be on-site during off-hours, weekends, and/or holidays but these would be, as much as possible, kept to a minimum.
Additional Information: Transportation Services provides transportation solutions for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visitors at the University of Wisconsin-Madison including parking, carpooling, biking, bus programs, and other commuter solutions. Transportation Services manages over 13,000 parking stalls and all of the associated infrastructure. These solutions, and the IT systems that support them are critical to keeping the University running smoothly every single day.
Contact: Dawn Bierman
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants: To be considered, applications must be submitted online. Applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 19 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 17 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time