Assistant or Associate Professor in Athletic Training
The College of Health Sciences, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Division of Athletic Training is seeking a program director for the Professional Master of Science in Athletic Training program. This position will begin August 2017 in an eleven month term. Rank will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor level, and the position will be responsible for the following:
• Work with faculty in the Division of Athletic Training and the College of Health Sciences to develop and deliver a new professional Master of Science Degree in Athletic Training
• Serve as the Program Director for this emerging professional Master of Science in Athletic Training Program
• Seek initial accreditation (CAATE) for the emerging professional Master of Science in Athletic Training degree
• Contribute to the post-professional Master of Science in Athletic Training Program during the transition to the emerging professional Master of Science in Athletic Training program
• Teach in the Health and Human Sciences program pre-professional track for Athletic Training and professional Master of Science in Athletic Training program in the College of Health Sciences.
• Collaborate with students and faculty in the College of Health Sciences, as well as other appropriate departments across the University
• Contribute to research and scholarship within the department, college, and university
• Pursue external grant funding
• Serve as a potential advisor for research conducted by undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students
• Participate in department, college and university service
Candidates should apply with the following documents:
• Current curriculum vitae
• Letter of interest
• Statement on teaching philosophy (upload under Specific Request 1)
• Statement on research (upload under Specific Request 2)
Letters of recommendations will need to be provided upon request.
Additional questions can be directed to the Division Director:
Phillip Gribble, PhD, ATC
Director, Division of Athletic Training
206C Wethington Building
900 South Limestone
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40536-0200
Please note that, to be considered an applicant, an application must be submitted through the UK Jobs site. Review of applications will begin January 20th, 2017 and continue until the position has been filled.
Assistant or Associate Professor in Athletic Training
Program Director of Professional Master’s in Athletic Training
7N600:HEALTH SCIENCES - REHABILITATION SCIENCE
Type of Position
Position Time Status
An earned Doctorate with emphasis in an Athletic Training/Sports Medicine Area
Required Related Experience
• Instructional experience in an accredited athletic training program
• Demonstrated record of research publication and scholarship
Required License/ Registration/Certification
• Certified Athletic Trainer (BOC)
• Eligible for Kentucky Athletic Trainer State Licensure
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
• Demonstrated experience in administration of a CAATE accredited Athletic Training education program
• Teaching experience in the areas of general medical conditions, emergency management, and environmental factors
• Record of involvement in internally or externally funded grants
• Demonstrated ability in mentorship of undergraduate and graduate student research
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- Specific Request 1
- Specific Request 2