Advanced Practice Provider III/UKHC
The Interventional Pulmonary Service Advanced Practice Provider (APP) works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide medical care primarily in an inpatient setting. The Interventional Pulmonary APP functions as a member of the expanding Interventional Pulmonary and Consult Service and is expected to provide inpatient bedside procedures including ultrasound guided thoracentesis, pig tails, chest tubes and PleurX catheters.
Additionally, the Interventional Pulmonary APP will provide follow-up care in an ambulatory capacity after patient's discharge from hospital in collaboration with the Pulmonary Consult attending physicians in a mixed outpatient clinic. The APP will also assist the Interventional Pulmonologists in advanced pleural and airway procedures.
Advanced Practice Provider III/UKHC
7H363:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - PULMONAR
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, Acute Care certification is preferred.
For Physician Assistant applicants, current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and active Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA) license.
Employment is contingent upon the University's verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.
Requires handling of objects up to 25 lbs or standing/walking for long periods of time
Days, Nights & Weekends
Technical and professional knowledge, dependability, time management, effective communication skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Preferred experience in a critical care setting or prior Pleural Effusion experience.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * For Nurse Practitioner applicants, do you have a current certification in Acute Care, or are eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- I am a Physician Assistant
- * Please choose the answer that best describes the number of years of paid, full-time employment experience you have in performing pleural effusion procedures.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please describe your paid, full-time employment experience with performing pleural effusion procedures.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter