Patient Clerical Assistant Sr/UKHC
The Senior Patient Clerical Assistant acts as a liaison between patient clerical assistants and the management of Emergency services. Will also greet and provide direction to staff, families and visitors entering the hospital. Also responsible for all patient clerical duties as well as ordering needed clerical supplies and has some responsibility for scheduling.
Patient Clerical Assistant Sr/UKHC
Patient Services Coordinator
H3100:Emergency and Trauma Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods including data entry; repetitive motions, and occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 10 lbs.
Must be able to work three, 12-hour, shifts per week (may include day, evenings, night, and/or swing); will also be required to work some weekend and holidays.
Receptionist skills, medical terminology, interpersonal skills, phone skills, keyboarding, filing, scheduling and fax machine
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
2 years of college education, preferred. Experience working in a medical clerical setting, preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of customer service experience do you have working with patients, doctors, nurses, etc.?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years
- * Have you ever worked in a very demanding or high volume clerical setting?
- * Do you have knowledge of medical terminology?
- * Rate your level of computer experience.
- No computer experience
- * Do you have experience with creating a work schedule?
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line/Media Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- LinkedIn/Institute for Diversity
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Cover Letter