Associate Chief Information Officer
Associate Chief Information Officer
University of Scranton
Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer, the Associate Chief Information Officer at the University of Scranton will serve as an integral member of the Information Technology leadership team and have responsibility for ensuring the technical and operational aspects of successful development, coordination and delivery of enterprise applications, infrastructure, academic and administrative technology and customer service delivery to the University community.
- Develops and coordinates comprehensive technical and operational plans which incorporates the goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the university and IT; oversees the design, development, deployment and management of technology solutions and services
- Ensures consistent and reliable applications, infrastructure, systems and services; ensure that systems are scalable to meet the growing needs of the university; identifies and implements new solutions; contributes to the overall IT architecture
- In collaboration with the CIO and IT managers, oversees the prioritization and management of a portfolio of complex programs and projects spanning the entire division using best practices and maintaining effective communication with project sponsors and key stakeholders as needed
- Researches emerging enterprise and infrastructure technologies and assesses the feasibility and applicability for deployment on campus
- Serves as the chief enterprise architect, establishing and ensuring standards and appropriate alignment across the enterprise
- Evaluates and assesses current technology and operations to guide future decisions with a focus on continuous improvement, quality of service and emerging and innovative technologies for a higher education environment
- Oversees and provides guidance on strategic information security management and operations for the University
- Assists the CIO with facilitating an IT governance strategy that ensures communications and transparency of IT project initiatives and resources
Additional Skills Required
- Experience leading the development and implementation of strategic plans and the ability to translate strategic plans into day-to-day operations management
- Experience in IT planning, strategy and architecture in support of the University's business and operations
- Experience and competency in adopting and integrating emerging technologies, as well as using life cycle management processes, for software development and change management
- Knowledge of enterprise software applications; infrastructure and network technologies and diverse platforms; and best practices in the delivery of technology support services
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with diverse stakeholders at all levels of an organization; build consensus and to develop collaborative working relationships with technical and non-technical individuals
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms
- Must be able to respect, support and contribute to the University's Catholic and Jesuit mission
Minimum Education Requirements
Bachelor's degree is required.
Master's degree is preferred.
Minimum Job Experience Requirements
Ten (10) or more years in IT, four (4) or more years in managing multiple, large, cross functional teams or projects.
Higher education experience is preferred.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://universityofscrantonjobs.com/postings/2144