Application deadline: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 5:00 PM
This is a full-time, tenure track psychology instructor position in the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences. The college is seeking an individual who is capable of teaching psychology courses and who possesses expertise in research methods and statistics for the social sciences. Under the direction of the Dean, the teaching assignment includes (but is not limited to) the following: Introduction to Psychology, Research Methods, Statistics for the Social Sciences, and Life Span Development, as well as participate in any other professional responsibilities as identified under 18.2.3 of the faculty agreement. Although the assignment is primarily at the Rancho Campus, courses at the Fontana or Chino campuses may be possible per contract and need.
SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT
• Provide instruction of psychology courses in accordance with established course outlines; • Participate in the development and revision of curriculum;
• Participate on department and college committees;
• Perform other duties required of full-time faculty;
• Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
• Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
• Teach courses at the Chino and Fontana campuses, and high school locations.
• Master's degree in Psychology; OR
• Bachelor's degree in Psychology AND Master's in counseling, sociology, statistics, neuroscience, or social work; OR
• Possession of a valid lifetime California Community College credential authorizing service as an instructor in
• The equivalent (equivalency questions are included in the Faculty Application for Employment); AND
• Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender
identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates who establish the highest level of professional competency as evidenced by any or all of the following:
• Two or more years college-level teaching experience in Psychology;
• Expertise with the student populations included in the Chaffey College Equity Plan;
• Recent experience teaching courses in non-traditional formats such as online, hybrid, fast-track, accelerated, etc.;
• Ability to work effectively with computers and other forms of advanced technology which are utilized in providing high
quality classroom instruction;
• T eaching experience in statistics;
• Knowledge in the use of SPSS software;
• Teaching experience in research methods;
• Evidence of working with student groups;
• Learner-centered, able to inspire, motivate, and empower students to succeed;
• Evidence of preparation to teach individuals of diverse cultural and academic backgrounds;
• Understanding of the philosophy and objectives of the community college;
• Evidence of current preparation in the discipline.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Based upon the minimum and/or desirable qualifications stated in this position announcement, the initial salary placement range is $57,139 (minimum qualifications) to $89,191 (doctorate) (Fall 2017 salary schedule). Placement is based on the regular full-time faculty salary schedule and is dependent upon verification of relevant experience and coursework from a regional or nationally accredited institution of higher learning.
EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE
Health care, dental program, and vision services for employees and eligible dependents; employee life insurance; sick leave; and retirement coverage through the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS).
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://chaffey.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=2&c=chaffey. The application package must include an online district employment application, filled out in detail and clearly reflect that you meet the minimum qualifications as set forth in the position announcement. In addition, the following documents must be uploaded and included with your online application submission:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified.
• Cover Letter (State briefly how you meet the qualifications)
• Professional Reference List (Include names, current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses)
• Copy of Transcripts (Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred - photocopies or computer printouts are
acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.)
Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service. Educational requirements must be met on or before the closing date.
Completed application and related materials must be submitted no later than the application deadline indicated at the top of this announcement. Failure to submit all required application materials may result in the applicant not being considered for the position.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant's responsibility. The District reserves the right to re- advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool.
Applicants should promptly notify the Office of Human Resources of any change of address and/or phone number. All application materials are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
The Selection Process
A screening committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the announcement and reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually held on the Chaffey College campus and are conducted by an Interview Committee. Additional interviews may be required. Reasonable accommodations are provided to persons with disabilities. Should you feel you have any need for accommodation due to a disability, please indicate this request on your application or contact the Office of Human Resources. Travel costs related to an interview will be borne by the applicant.
About the College
Established in 1883, Chaffey College is one of California's first colleges. Nestled in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, Chaffey's Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana and Chino campus locations serve students from throughout the Inland Empire. A fully accredited two-year institution by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Chaffey College offers associate degrees and vocational and transfer programs in a wide variety of subjects. Most recently named one of the Top 10 community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute; Chaffey College remains committed to its mission of improving the lives of its students, faculty, and staff through education.
Serving throughout the diverse Inland Empire, Chaffey College provides services to the cities of Chino, Chino Hills, Fontana, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, and Upland, reaching a population of more than 830,000. The District also recruits from some of the area's top high schools, accepting students from four surrounding districts; Chaffey Joint Union High School, Chino Unified School District, Fontana Unified School District, and the Upland Unified School District.
Whether the goal is to transfer to a four-year institution or enter the workforce better prepared, Chaffey College provides its students with the opportunity to take a variety of applicable courses. From taking lower division and general education classes to learning career-technical skills, the college provides its students with the tools needed to succeed during their time at Chaffey and beyond.
Chaffey Community College District is committed to equal employment opportunity
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW