Vacancy Number: S00511
Working Title: Video Coordinator Career
Band Title: Broadcast Media Specialist
Location of Workplace: Main UNCW Campus
Competency Level: Contributing
Essential functions of this position:
The Men’s Basketball Video Coordinator will plan, edit, produce, and compile all video packaging utilized by the men’s basketball coaching staff for scouting, recruiting, and game preparation purposes. This position will be expected to have a strong working relationship with all members of the men’s basketball coaching staff, frequently participate in staff meetings and strategy sessions, and be a representative of the men’s basketball program on frequent occasions.
Essential job duties include:
• Responsible for game day video acquisition, practice video, self scout and opponent breakdown of games
• Use of game analysis and scouting software to provide edits and scouting reports to the coaches
• Ensuring that all video equipment is properly maintained, repaired and functioning
• Evaluating film and develop scouting reports
• Providing coaches and student athletes with on-going training and development of technical skills related to video programs
• Producing highlight tapes and other multimedia content for Men’s basketball using innovative production and graphic techniques
• Assisting with game day productions for Men’s basketball
• Transporting and properly setting up equipment for practice and game day needs
• Video taping basketball games and practices when requested
• Organizing non-conference and conference film exchange in accordance with applicable guidelines
• Working with video equipment and software supplier to maintain and update video equipment as needed
• Assisting with special video and or administrative projects and support as assigned by the Head Basketball Coach
• Abiding by all conference, professional certification requirements, and NCAA regulations
N.C. Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience related to the area of assignment in a broadcast television, radio and emerging media environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential functions of the position:
• Experience in a collegiate basketball program, athletic department, athletic conference office or similar environment required.
• The skills to work well in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and time sensitive demands.
• Must be familiar with basketball rules and strategies with the ability to recognize nuances and tendencies; familiarity with NCAA rules and regulations.
• Must be familiar with basketball terminology, offensive and defensive schemes, how to best exploit the offensive and defensive strategies of opponents and other aspects of basketball game planning.
• Must possess excellent communication skills; strong organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills; be able to work independently and as a team player; demonstrate creativity within a structured environment; be able to work non-traditional hours; and be current and efficient with all forms of social media.
• Must have proficient knowledge and experience with Sportstec software.
Preferred education, professional skills and experience:
Bachelor’s degree a plus
Prior experience with or a high level of knowledge of the workings, operations, and coaching associated with a successful Division I intercollegiate men’s basketball program is highly preferred
Recruitment Range: $30,000 - $32,000
NC Salary Grade Equivalency: 65
Hours Per Week: 1.0 (40 hours per week)
Months Per Year: 12 Months
Work Days: Monday - Friday, with some weekends
Work Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM, with some evening hours
Position Number: 1454
Job Posting Date: 04/19/2017
Job Closing Date: 04/27/2017
PLEASE NOTE: To receive full consideration, please be sure you have fully completed the entire application before you apply for this position. Failure to answer all required questions will cause the system to disqualify your application. Due to the high interest in positions at UNCW, we are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position if selected for an interview. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
You will be required to attach a cover letter and resume to successfully apply for this position. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have completed the ‘Work History’ section of the application before you apply for this position.
For more info/to apply visit http://jobs.uncw.edu. Applications must be submitted through the online application system to be considered.
UNC Wilmington actively fosters a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified men and women from all racial, ethnic or other minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.