Controls Software Designer
Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality. We're looking for a bright, ambitious Controls Software Designer who enjoys teamwork and on-going challenging projects to join the Controls Engineering team in a Life Sciences Cambridge division.
**This role requires 30-50% worldwide travel.
Join a winning Automation team, and grow your career with the best in the business.
Benefits and Features:
- RSP with employer match
- Eligibility to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive benefits (including health, dental, employee assistance program)
- Special discount program on products and services including gym membership discount
- Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, every other Tuesday is "Treat Day"!
- Monthly "In-Chair Massage" clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
- Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
- Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
- Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
- Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
In this Role you will get to:
As a member of a highly motivated, dynamic team, you will configure and deploy world-class software data collection, analysis and reporting solutions on a wide range of automation equipment.
Duties involve supporting the software design concepts, PLC software development, integration of software with electrical, mechanical and control systems, and supporting other controls software engineers deploy the PLC software in their specific applications. Integration and support assignments involve leading-edge software and hardware technologies including interfacing with PLCs, PCs, robotics, motion controllers, vision systems, laser and other automation controllers.
- Work with customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers, electricians, controls engineering and service to solve problems by supporting the deployment and maintenance of industry leading monitoring, analytics and display tools.
- Train controls software programmers on the specific PLC functions/code standards and the deployment and troubleshooting steps a IIS web-server, SQL database installation and PLC Communication drivers.
- Configure and deploy software programs (PC based) specific to customer and project requirements.
- Travel as required to other divisions and customer sites to perform installation, commissioning and training duties.
- Work with members of the control systems design department and other groups to ensure that labor and material budgets as well as scheduled delivery dates are adhered to or improved upon.
- Provide accurate documentation for each project.
- Provide thorough testing of software deployment to verify program completeness.
- Provide ongoing support of existing installations by monitoring data and reports, implementing version upgrades, and providing troubleshooting support.
- A post-secondary engineering degree, diploma or equivalent, specializing in electrical, mechatronics, software, systems or computer engineering.
- Experience with PLCs and PLC communication, Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC programming
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft ASP.Net, Java Script and Microsoft C#
- Understanding and experience with OPC and industrial networks
- Understanding of machine operation, maintenance, service and troubleshooting
- Experience with software deployment, data analytics and statistical analysis
- Understanding of automation mechanical, electrical and control systems
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- A self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
This position is a direct hire with the employer
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 08:19:30 PDT