Academic Instructional Support Specialist
Position: Temporary Departmental Assistant
Division: Academic Affairs
Nature of Work
- Mentors faculty and staff and actively promotes a focus on good online teaching practices as well as facilitates development of cutting-edge delivery models that promote accessibility, scalability, and student success. Other related faculty support responsibilities as requested by director, associate dean or dean.Provides academic instructional support services to faculty and students in our online programs, as well as support for virtual classroom technologies and related services for faculty, students, and staff.
- Serves as an Institutional Administrator liaison with the Board of Regents for the state-wide LMS. Manages the administration of our online LMS which includes: user management, LMS server design and third-party integrations. Includes testing in collaboration with the BOR, users, and third-party vendors.
- Provides Level 3 user-support, troubleshoots LMS issues and processes, reporting back to the BOR and USG user-community and participating in server maintenance as needed.
- Designs, delivers, and manages media-rich online faculty orientations and development programs, related to preparing and supporting faculty teaching in online courses. POC for all faculty in need of LMS and online course support.
- Promotes eCore faculty support and professional development via electronic correspondence and Social Media utilizing industry standard resources, multimedia, and web applications. Manages and maintains the online Faculty Community housed in the LMS.
Experience developing web content and asynchronous learning modules; Experience supporting online learning faculty and students in higher education or other setting; Experience working with Brightspace by D2L (or alternate LMS), related distance education technologies and tools (online audio/video, etc); Demonstrated ability to interact in a diverse, multi-cultural community of educators and learners; Ability to prioritize multiple, completing tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced team environment; Thorough knowledge of and experience using a variety of distance education technologies; Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of both current practices and emerging trends in distance learning and technologies related to this field.
minimum 42,157 - midpoint 58,631
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Regular working hours, but will require some evenings and/or weekend work during critical times.
Notice to Applicants
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.
Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of related experience.
04/19/2017 – 05/03/2017
- Required Documents: Resume and cover letter; Optional Documents: up to three letters of reference and unofficial transcripts