Director of Study Abroad
Mount Holyoke College seeks a dynamic, experienced, and forward-looking individual who will provide leadership in study abroad promotion, integration and assessment. The Director of Study Abroad is an integral member of the McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives and collaborates in all efforts to advance comprehensive international education at the college. The position reports to the Director of the McCulloch Center.
- promote and coordinate study abroad opportunities for students, including student advising
- work closely with faculty in evaluating study abroad programs and promoting study abroad
- advance pre-departure and re-entry programming that encourage students to integrate study abroad into their academic pathways
- assess the impact of study abroad on learning outcomes
- manage the college’s own study abroad programs (4) and reciprocal exchanges (11), and oversee short-term faculty led courses
- manage financial aid process for study abroad (annual budget of approximately $750,000)
- maintain and develop promotional materials and website content
- risk management for study abroad
- supervise a newly created half-time position in study abroad.
- Master’s Degree and at least five – ten years of proven leadership working in study abroad administration and advising in positions of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, administration, and parents
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Facility with data and information systems management, including data analysis
- Facility with budget development for study abroad programs
- Keen understanding of best practices in study abroad
Extended experience abroad, experience with study abroad assessment, and competency in a second language are highly desirable. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Mount Holyoke College is an undergraduate liberal arts college for women with 2,200 students and 220 faculty. The college is located about 90 miles west of Boston in the Connecticut River valley, and is a member of the Five College Consortium consisting of Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and Smith Colleges and the University of Massachusetts.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse staff who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society.
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter describing what they bring to the position and why they are interested in it, a CV, and a statement about engaging and mentoring a diverse student body at, https://jobs.mtholyoke.edu
Applicants should also arrange to have two letters of reference submitted on their behalf. Please send letters of references to email@example.com
Applications completed by May 19th will receive first consideration. However, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the college. The position remains open until filled.