Subject Material Expert – Criminal Justice Ethics
Become part of a vibrant community of world-class professionals transforming the lives of a motivated and diverse student population. A pioneer in innovative academic programs since 1897 Bay Path University.
The Lead Subject Matter Expert (L-SME) collaborates with a Program Director and an Instructional Designer, as well as manages project delivery from a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). The L-SME is responsible for designing the conceptual framework for an adaptive course or competency. The incumbent will design learning outcome and content sequences to leverage the capabilities of the University’s adaptive learning platform. The final product will inform the work of a team of SMEs who are responsible for developing assessments and content that maps to the designed experience. The L-SME will manage this process to ensure that the SMEs adhere to project timelines and goals as established by the Program Director and Instructional Designer.
- Author a sequence for outcomes and content of a single course or competency for translation into an adaptive learning platform.
- Convey the outcome or competency sequence to Subject Matter Experts
- Oversee the performance and timeliness of Subject Matter Experts in delivering assessments and content in a timely fashion
- Graduate degree in the content area of the course to be developed, terminal degree preferred
- 3-5 years of professional and/or research experience in the content area
- Prior experience developing or teaching distance courses in higher education preferred
- Experience with learning management systems and educational technology
- A working knowledge of adaptive learning and competency-based education concepts strongly preferred
- Ability to collaborate with a team while meeting project deadlines
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain content-specific concepts to non-experts.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.