Tech Support - Computer Repair
Have you worked in or owned/managed in a Computer Repair Shop environment?
Have you provided technical support over the phone?
We are actively looking for someone with hands on computer/technical troubleshooting and repair experience to support our customers via phone/peer to peer/email with computer and software installation/operation issues as well as day to day network and phone support in our company.
Under moderate supervision, The Technical Support Rep follows established policies, procedures, operating instructions and processes to provide quality customer support to clients via telephone, email and/or in-person contact in conjunction with the established company policies and procedures for supported products and services including networks, client/server systems, PC and desktops, desktop application software, online educational software, peripheral devices, printers and others. This position also assists students in an online as well as one-on-one environment. The ideal candidate will also understand simple A/V setups for seminar shows including projectors, LED flood lights, sound board configurations, and sound board operations including adjusting for optimum sound with no feedback.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first-line response for external customers and internal employees requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems.
- Troubleshoot computer system problems providing solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, senior help desk personnel and other available resources.
- Log and properly document all issue, follow-up, and resolution information for each troubleshooting issue.
- Maintain working knowledge of all help desk related policies, procedures, application installations, system configurations, current hardware, and basic network configuration practices through on-going training and self-initiated research and study.
- Support onsite computer and phone system requests, hardware moves, hardware/software additions and upgrades.
- Assist clients in both online and one-on-one phone environments.
- Update technical, sales, and business knowledge by participating in educational opportunities offered by our company.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to setup on site seminar A/V equipment including speakers, projectors, LED lights, and understand sound boards and how to eliminate feedback.
- Assist other team members, participate on special projects and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Understanding of topics covered in A+, Net+, Basic HTML a plus
- Minimum of 2 years' experience providing hands on troubleshooting and repair/installation of hardware and software/IT support preferably in a computer repair shop or similar environment (call center or office experience a plus).
- Experience with setup, tear down, and calibration of live event A/V equipment including lights, projectors, and sound for live events.
- $14-17/hr. DOE plus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance offered
- This is a full-time position; M-F 8:30am - 5:30pm, No Weekends!
- 10% travel may be required
Keywords: Desktop support, networking, geek squad, helpdesk, pc repair, computer shop, LAN WAN, VPN, remote access
About Turn Key Systems:
This is an EXCITING opportunity for the right individual!
Since 2004, our company has been providing business tools and training to investors. We are passionate about what we do; inspired by the impact it has on our clients and their businesses.
We offer a creative work environment that is professionally satisfying and financially rewarding. Your needs as an individual is our concern, we are a high performance team that enjoys what we do and cares about our co-workers, contractors, as well as the relationships with our media outlets. We bring our great attitudes to work every day and truly enjoy what we do.
We are a small, stable organization with 40+ employees on the path to double our revenue over the next 3-5 years. Our growth is your growth both professionally and financially!
San Diego, CA
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 12:24:21 PDT