This job is located Bethany, CT
We are seeking a motivated design engineer. Must be able to take a concept and bring it to fruition in a timely fashion. Candidates must have strong communication skills, pay above average attention to details, and be able to meet deadlines. pneumatics, and overall automated machine operations including; Some electrical knowledge.
- Take a concept and create a 3d model
- Hold design meetings with build team
- Oversee machine build
- Work with outside vendors
- Spec out required components and get quotes from those vendors
- Review machine designs with Customers
- Trouble shoot finished machines
- Work with other design engineers
Previous experience in mechanical engineering or other related fields, we are looking for an experienced engineer with a minimum of 2 years work experience after college.
- Must be extremely proficient in Solid works 2015+
- Capable of working with surfaces to create contoured surfaces to be exported to Mastercam
- MasterCam X4+ 3d tool path creation exported in NC format to CNC milling machines a plus
- Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Knowledge of standard machining processes
- Knowledge of Pneumatics
- Overall automated machine design a plus
- knowledge of Electrical design a plus
- Must be a US Citizen
Plastic Assembly Systems, LLC. has been a worldwide leading provider for secondary assembly equipment since 1998. We strive through innovation and excellence to provide customers with standard and custom pieces of equipment to meet the individual application and customer needs. We offer a standard line of heatstaking/insertion manual, pneumatic, servo, as well as custom presses for advanced applications. In addition we have a full ultrasonic division which specializes in new and used welder sales and tooling.
Sat, 1 Apr 2017 08:08:31 PDT