The primary function of the CAD Operator is to design project documentation in the form of control drawings, floor plans, presentation drawings, and asbuilt documents. The CAD Operator must be a creative, self-starter, detail oriented individual with good organizational and communication skills. This position is the key to maintaining accurate and quality drawings/documentation.
This position requires that you perform the following (but not limited to):
Prepare layouts, drawings and designs according to engineering specifications using AutoCAD software.
- Analyze designs and confers with engineering & necessary team members to resolve details which may not have been completely defined.
- Work with engineers regarding the review & accuracy of the design, drafting standards and documentation.
- Adhere to the existing company file management structure for all AutoCAD drawings & projects (both electronic and hard copies).
- Provide direction and guidance to less experienced CAD Operators.
- Coordinate w/ the engineer to obtain floor plans in AutoCAD format for current projects.
- Continue to streamline the "design to CAD" process and implement time saving techniques.
- Understand and manipulate AutoCAD features such as blocks, sheet sets, X-refs, title blocks & templates, modelspace & paperspace, import & convert files (and familiarity with other revisions of AutoCAD).
- Complete the asbuilt drawings at the end of the project.
- Keep informed on AutoCAD and related technologies and advancements.
- Understand and follow existing workflow practices for the company.
- Develop an understanding of temperature control & security control systems.
- Track work progress on company project tracking sheet & stay within budgeted hours per project.
- Ability to see, hear, speak clearly, walk, sit for long periods, and use hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone, etc.
- Ability to view a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of working extended hours when job/business needs demand
Qualifications & Competencies
- This position requires a Degree in Computer Aided Drafting & Design. In addition, the preferred candidate will have 5 years of AutoCAD experience.
- Knowledge or experience with Temperature Controls & Security Controls and/or Fire Alarm systems designs a strong plus.
- Preferred experience in building construction project designs.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, listening, persuasive and interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidate should have proficient computer skills and be experienced with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio & AutoCAD.
- Candidate should have the ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Must accept accountability and responsibility for the quality, accuracy and efficiency of your work.
- Project a friendly, professional attitude towards both external customers and co-workers, while building constructive and effective relationships.
- Must be professional, punctual and demonstrate a history of excellent attendance.
- Must comply with company drug testing policy & required background checks.
- Must be organized, yet flexible, enough to adapt to varying workloads deadlines.
- Strongly prefer the ability to read and interpret blueprints & electrical schematics.
- Have a good mechanical / electrical aptitude.
- Needs to have problem solving & reasoning abilities, with technical & troubleshooting skills.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and will be evaluated on attention to detail.
- Must be able to learn and grow in system wiring and interconnect understanding.
- The candidate must have commendable work ethics.
ECT Services, Inc. is a Building Integration Technology firm in Louisville, Kentucky. The company was established in 1981 and has continued to focus and provide businesses with sustainable, maintainable, energy efficient and safe solutions to decrease cost of facility operation and/or increase revenue by making buildings more attractive.
The company is owned and operated by an energetic local Leadership Team dedicated to carrying on the legacy of Customer and Team Member satisfaction, which has been the hallmark of the company reputation these many years.
We are an independent technology provider, in the business of making buildings sustainable, maintainable, energy efficient and safe.
ECT Services provides total automation for facilities thru web-based, real-time, graphical technology. Installation of these building controls orchestrates:
- Seamless automation of facility climate
- Energy utilization analysis
- Facility management systems
- HVAC mechanical equipment
- Lighting systems
- Building security systems
- Intrusion systems
- Intercom systems
- Active Shooter Detection Systems
For over 30 years ECT services has helped facility managers with all manner of structures, including:
- General Office
- Production and Manufacturing
We strive to maintain lasting relationships with our customers to better serve their needs. This allows us to find solutions that achieve high-level efficiencies for managing building equipment and security. Count on our experienced team to identify your needs and provide solutions that will support your organization's success.
Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:25:28 PDT