FAME Overnight Camp Counselor (4p-7a)
FAME camp employment begins on Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 1 p.m. in the C.W. Pettigrew Center, room 102. There will be an interest meeting for prospective Camp Counselors on May 1, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in room 102 Founders Hall.
The FAME Overnight Camp Counselor assists in the coordination of approximately 120 campers each week for 2 weeks of five-day camp program (Sunday - Friday). The Overnight Camp Counselor is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing evening activities for youth ages 13-18 in a small group setting. This position is also responsible for the general safety of the participants in his/her assigned dorm group. The overnight counselor will provide high quality educational and recreational experiences for FAME camp participants. All Counselors must participate in a one day training before the camp begins.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the planning phase of summer camp evening activities
- Greet camp participants in a positive and upbeat manner
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of campers
- Handle group problems by employing tact in recognizing and responding to issues Observe participants' behavior and ensure that no misconduct is evident
- Be proactive in deescalating issues to ensure camp harmony
- Communicate regularly with camp director to provide updates
- Maintain health and safety standards.
- Check and monitor camper rooms to ensure compliance with camp rules and regulations . Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each session.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
- Ensure that the dorm rooms are kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Know and understand all emergency procedures associated with the camp program. Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers' safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must live in provided on-site housing.
- Regular work schedule is 4p-7a
- Must be flexible and willing to aid other counselors when needed
Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, hiking, canoeing, swimming, team building initiatives, building campfires, physical games, and activities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.